Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Needed - Vent Window "cap?"

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by garygarciahewitt, Jun 30, 2003.

1. garygarciahewitt

garygarciahewitt Newbie

Jan 31, 2003

Help! I've been searching for the plastic "cap" that goes on top of the vent window assembly. (Don't know how else to describe it.) It goes between the the top of the vent window/door and the drip deflector/plate. It looks like the continuation of the vent assembly window channel and the door glass rolls-up into it on the front top croner. I can email or fax a picture if necc.
    By the way, does that drip plate screw onto the door frame, windshield support or top? Hard to see in pictures I have and I've never seen one up close.
  2. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

Oct 11, 2001
    Re: Needed - Vent Window \"cap?\"

The vent window caps (that is what I have heard them referred to in the past) are very difficult to find. As far as I know, nobody makes reproductions. Check with some of the vendors that sell used parts (classicheartbeat, Mothertruckers and PICKMUP on the 67-72chevytrucks.com board.) As far as the "drip rail", if they screws to the top corners of the windshiedl frame. If you go to PICKUPSNW.com and check under "blazer related parts" there are a few different illustrations there (I think they link to parts123.com but I haven't been able to find them there.)