Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

needs some stuff for the tow rig...

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by jekbrown, Nov 22, 2005.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

as some of you know, I bought an old '75 3/4 ton chebbie to be my tow rig (yes, build up thread is coming soon to the towing forum). It could use some stuff though. If anyone has any of the following stuff taking up space in the garage, lemme know.

A pair of manual doors... preferably with as little rust as possible and working window regulators. Color doesn't matter... all the sheetmetal is going to get prepped and rattle-canned anyway.

I could also use a headliner, the truck didn't come with one at all... even an old scuzzy looking one would be fine, cause I can have my mom recover it like she did my K5 one.

Dually rims.. I need two more 16.5" dually rims. Not really worried about condition, so long as they are functional.

Bench seat, factory one is beyond toast... its just nasty. I dont think my wife would sit on it even with a brand new cover. lol! I don't need anything nice... just something I can clean up, slap a cover on and bolt in.

Shoulder belts... wife doesn't want me driving this thing with just the factory lap belts and I can't say that I blame her. It'd be nice if they were black or tan in color.. and work... but other than that I ain't picky. :)

ok, thats all I can think of right now... I'm sure there will be more later. :grin:

j

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I've got all the door stuff you can have but no doors...

3. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

4. jekbrown

lol, to bad the sheetmetal is what I need most. Everything about my doors is fine, except for the fact that a previous owner left old mirror-mounting bolt holes open when he changed to different types of mirrors... which let water run inside the door. Now the bottom of my doors is rusting away from the inside out. Passanger door is the worst one, it has two 3-4" long cracks.. may have been caused by a towing mirror hitting something at speed, not sure. Anyway, water has run in there and wreaked havoc on the sheetmetal. The door works ok... locks fine, window works/looks fine... hinges are fine... sheetmetal is shot though and I'd rather just replace the whole door rather than deal with fixing the cancer in them. lol!

Bruce is hooking me up with a bench seat and some shoulder belts for free... so those two bases are covered. Anyone got a headliner or doors for me? Dually rims? :D

j

5. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I think My 79 K-30 has the belts You want. Their tan I belive. I can check out the shape of them in a few days. Just so You know I like to charge people like You mega$$$$ :wink1:

6. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Your gonna want at least 3 more dually rims so you have a spare :thumb:

7. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I have a few of the headliner foam pieces... minus the cloth. I probably have the interior trim pieces that hold it up too.

8. jekbrown

Corey: too late, chopped&bobbed77burb beat ya too it. He's local and I'm driving over there to get a bench seat anyway. :thumb: Besides, I couldn't possibly take anything from you for free again until I make up for that toy axle. I owe ya a beer at least. :grin:

kenny: how many spares can one carry! :grin: Seems like most people that have any dually rims for sale, have 4... so I oughta end up with a couple of extras at some point...

allan: what exactly were those mid-70s headliners like? On my 85 jimmy, its just a big piece of cardboard-like stuff with some thin material glued to it... metal/plastic trim holds it up. Are the older chevy's headliners different? The tow rig has some crappy looking foam up by the roof... I figured that was just some sort of ghetto insulation. :confused: :crazy: Did chevy just adhere some kinda material directly to that foam or was there more (or less!) to it?

j

9. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

No problem Brother!!!

10. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

Ive got a new seat...
    and good doors... the ones off the green 89 posted in the misc section

the doors have nice tow mirrors on them that extend and arent chinzy... how about 25 each and 75 for the new seat.... you couldnt get one upholstered like this for under 200

and I have 7 dually rims and tires...like new... 16 inch... with under 1k miles on them... 500.. rims are powdercoated (dark green)

and yes... Im way south of you... before you ask

CAM

11. jekbrown

got the seat covered already locally... but I'd be interested in the doors. They look decent... only question is, how would we get them from Redding all the way to vancouver without is costing a bajillion $? lol! shipping isn't really a possibility. Maybe if someone was making a roadtrip or something.

wait a sec, didn't Jeff (grundy) have a set of manual doors he didn't need? :confused: hmmmm...

j

12. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

If you have the foam piece, all you have to do is put the cloth/liner of your choice onto it. That's the base piece for the truck headliners, instead of a cardboard piece that the K5's used.

13. jekbrown

ohhhh, ok. We'll, I guess I'll see if I can recover the one I have then. I thought all old chebbies use the same kinda cardboard thingy. :doah: yeah yeah, i know, I'm a noob... :thumb:

j

14. grundy99

grundy99 1/2 ton status

Yeah. I have extra manual doors that work just fine.
    I also have Tan shoulder belts, tan bench, tan plastic stuff to hold up the headliner.
    If you want it its yours. I need it gone.

Jeff

15. jekbrown

Thats what I'm talkin' about. :thumb: you have a PM!

j