Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Neighbor is selling blazer...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Avery4jc, May 24, 2006.

1. Avery4jc

Avery4jc 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Hey guys, there is a guy around the corner from me that I have seen driving around town in a huge K5, he stopped by our house and was chatting with my dad when he was leaving for work and said that he always noticed my truck out in front of our house and wanted to know if we wanted another project. :crazy:
    He has too many going and said $3000 and he'll hand over the keys. It's a 77' K5, new TC (he told my dad but he didn't mention what it was, I'm assuming a 208 though) new driveshafts, lifted (unknown lift but I know it's all spring from what I've caught when he drives by, and 35's. He has done a lot of work to the engine (once again if I would have been there I would have asked but he was chatting with my dad) but I do know that it has the cajonies to smoke all four when he punches it, and I've got the four tread marks down our street to prove it.

Anyways this isn't really a for sale thread but I just wanted to put the word out for him and I'll get some details on it and post them up here. Who knows I might just get him on here and we'll have another CK5'er. I'm going to drive over there tomorrow and get some info.

-Avery

2. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

in California I would not buy anything in the smog years. for me its 75' and older period, unless its a new truck.

3. Avery4jc

I thought it was pre-73'

is it 75'?

-Avery

4. scrappyk5

scrappyk5 1/2 ton status

sounds like a pretty decent ride.
    but, i would love to see it smoke all 4 tires at once. to this day i have heard people say their 4x4 can do it, but never seen it

5. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

I'm going to need to see that......and I'm sure BrandonC would like to as well!!!

6. Avery4jc

I'll bring the camera out one time, last time he did, it broke the universal joint on the rear shaft. Anyways I'll get some more info. on this truck and see what the scoop is.

-Avery

7. tarussell

tarussell 1/2 ton status

Me too ! Gonna have to ask for pic's of actual smoke rolling off of all four tires without the truck being tide off to anything . That would be a lot of traction to over come !

Tom

8. Avery4jc

You better believe that if he proves it I'll be there with a camera. I walked over there (sad, I know but remember my dipstick problem) and couldn't find him. I bet he's over at Pismo with everyone else on the planet except for me. :mad:

When he gets back I'll go get some real specs on his blazer.

-Avery

9. tarussell

tarussell 1/2 ton status

Easy there Cuz ! Just asked for some pic's of this impressive event ....... No need to get all uptight over a simple request.

It takes an impressive ride to do a unassisted four wheel drive burn out with no bleach or holding the truck in place . I just asked for some pic's so put the frowning face away and lets all enjoy some photos.

Tom

10. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

i think he's frowning causs he's not at pismo.

11. Avery4jc

No worries tarussell, I was saying that if he can prove it to me that I'd be impressed and that I'll have the camera, I too am skeptical of this and want him to prove it, that's all. Oh, and yeah I was frowning because I'm not in Pismo.

-Avery

12. tarussell

tarussell 1/2 ton status

Got it ! Ha, I just re-read your response and see you were bummed about the trip not the request for pic's .......

Tom

13. Avery4jc

;)

-Avery

14. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

I think the truck is still runnin around town, but there was a PINK (I mean really PINK) shortbed show truck eons ago that could smoke all four. From a rollin start mind you. Twas supercharged and all but........

15. Avery4jc

I don't doubt it, I just saw the cover of a truck magazine at the parts store (I think a new chevy, would we have expected anything less?) that was smoking and I mean Smoking all fours.

-Avery