Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Neighbor issues. Maybe nothing really wrong, I just hate them.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Sep 15, 2006.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

A couple months ago, this "family" moved in next door. A divorcee, his daughter, and his mother. And often enough, the daughters boyfriend. The second tenant in the apartment in less than a year, btw.

There are constantly different cars at the house for the daughter and boyfriend. People often stop by for 5 minutes. For a long time, a car would pull up, and the guy and girl would get and and ride away, then be back in 15 minutes. I counted like 15 cars one day in the 8/9 hour period I was out working on the blazer. They're loud and disrespectful (I've asked them to stop swearing in the back when my kids may be out, they say ok, then do it again the next day; ignore me when I smile and say hi out front, etc). Last week, some beotch in a beat to crap camaro pulled up blasting some ****ty hip hop music full of crap I don't want my kids to hear til they're 20.
    20 minutes ago the dog was outside and she started going ballistic at the front gate. I see a kid standing there in their yard near where my minivan is parked, must've been taking a leak. So I go out front, and see the girl leaning in a car window at the end of my driveway, not enough in it for me to say what's up, and this kid now walking around the car to get in. I'm guessing the dumb oaf boyfriend was in the front seat. I mumbled "WTF is wrong with these people?" and went inside.
    I took my garbage out once and found a caddy parked on the street where I put my cans, with the guy in the front seat with the driver, girl in the back seat leaning over, probably cutting a line, rolling a doobie, whatever. I slammed the can down (metal can), scared the crap out of all of them, and suddenly the guy and girl get out and walk to thier house, the caddy starts up and drives away.

So what do you guys think? They're selling something? A bunch of kids went over there one by one over the afternoon while I was doing the intake gaskets on the minivan, and I watched one kid go in with a camera. That got me wondering if there's some pimping or something going on.
    The girl is 15, by the way. She smokes like a 25 year old, must be two packs a day. For some reason, I can picture the guy casually scraping gum form a sidewalk and eating it.

I'm one to call the police when I know something illegal is occurring, but I'm hesitant to point fingers when I don't really know and just generally dislike the people. I hope they at least move soon, one day I may not wait for them to get the f out of my way when I'm pulling in my driveway.

I want to carry weapons outside now and then to get the point across that I keep guns in the house, but then again, may not want them to know that.

And yea, I am shopping for cameras to mount on the side of the house to monitor my gates and fence.

Any suggestions, thoughts?

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I think more observation is in order. If they are up to no good, its time to call the five-oh. The last thing you want is a bunch of druggies in your area... probably only a matter of time before there is a driveby... violent break in... or god knows what else. If something terrible does happen, you'll wish you had done something earlier...

j

3. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Start the place on fire when nobody is home. The cops will investigate and find all sorts of evidence and take them all to jail.

The you'll have NEW neighbors that piss you off..........:rotfl: :rotfl:

99% of neighbors suck, Ratch. Can't live with 'em, can't kill 'em, unless you have a REALLY good hiding spot.

4. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

Do you know anyone on the force there?? If so, ask them to stop by and say hi, when they are in the neighborhood.:D Repeat until the activities cease.

5. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Did you buy my house, that sounds just like here, our problem is the grandmother tries to drag my wife over to talk to the kid, not a chance

6. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Call the local cops and let them know right away. In order to save them the hassle of having to drive by repeatedly and write down license plates, do it for them. Write down the plates of the occupants, and then write down the plates of the regular vehicles that stop by. This way the local cops can run the plates, get the R/O information, run a complete check on that info, and know who they are dealing with before they ever show up. The cops may be looking for them already, or will at least have their rap sheet in hand and know what their priors are. With any luck, the local officers will take some interest in them and solve the problem for you.

7. Can Can

I prefer the fire idea...............:rotfl:

8. Desert Rat

So do I, but Murphy's Law says some other neighbor is testing his new videocamera just at the time your throwing your gas bomb onto the porch............ Sometimes the best RF'ing comes in sniper form, unheard, unseen, but deadly..........

9. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

A warm homecoming...

10. Can Can

C'mon, DR, it's late 2006. Nobody gets excited about a new vidoeocam anymore, unless their wife is talking dirty and walking the walk......

Not that I know anything about that or anything.......:whistle:

11. Desert Rat

Hell, anybody tech savvy buys a new one every 3 years. Get with the new millenium you old fart........

12. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Typical teenagers.

2 houses down the girl turned 16. She acts and dresses like a whore. There are teenage boys out there with her until 1 or 2 in the morning at times with their ricer rides. The Parents just let it happen and are home the whole time. :rolleyes: The father makes good money and so does the mother. They just don't seem to care or have different moral standards.

D-Rat gave you some good advice. It sounds like there may be some drug traffic. If you sit on your thumbs eventually it will boil over and you'll do something stupid. The onus is on you and every other "good citizen" to have self control. If you know the landlord you may consider having a talk with him.

It's frustrating.

13. Can Can

Damn you, voice of reason!!!!!:mad1: :mad1: :mad1:

I just about had Ratch in his garage mixing up a Molotov, until you came along.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

14. Desert Rat

I'm guessing he could just invite you over and hold a Bic lighter in front of your mouth at this point Can Can...............:haha:

15. Can Can

This is nothing, DR. Just wait until November.:doah:

16. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Someone has to make you behave. :deal:

Besides, I get the feeling Ratch is a Flamethrower type of guy.

17. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Hmmm Paul... Sounds like you might have an interesting thing going...

I can't blow the place up, the landlord is in the home security biz so may already have cams around it. But you reminded me that he has that, so maybe I'll chat with him.
    Landlord is no picnic either. He's been a d!!k since he bought the place, lste last night fired up his quad (he keeps it in the garage there, even though he lives 5 towns away) and drove it to his buddies house down the block. WTF am I saying, I fire up my bike and go joyriding at 11pm somenights... :doah:

Yeah, lanlord chat will come soon if I can actually get to him. My wife thinks the tenant must be a relative, we're thinking the landlord must have some idea how crappy these peeps are.

Other neighbors have already called to 5-0, once for a bunch of the playing basketball at 3 am. I'm not the only one that sees this stuff, I'm just the closest nieghbor. My wife is friends with every mom in the nieghborhood, and they've all talked about it at some point.

Desert Rat, good tips, I'm going to start doing taking plate no.s.

Paul, have another white russian, I like the violent scheming that comes out!! :haha: :haha: :D

18. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

see, another reason you need to move to NC. I'm glad we don't have that problem here.

keep a close eye on them and be ready to call the cops.

19. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

"I was just going to do some outdoor plumbing work, officer...at midnight"

[​IMG]

20. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Ratch, Buddy there is a place across the road from Me for sale 3bdr $36,000 Come on out to Okieville............