Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Neighbors suck

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Jan 11, 2003.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. Highlander

Highlander 1/2 ton status

Well why don't you tell us all a about it.... Go ahead we're listening /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

Eric

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

That would be why I'm moving to the sticks, if you have a problem with neighbors on 5 acres, then you just shoot at em........ /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

It's gonna be a whole different thread, this is some good stuff.... /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif Should be up in a few minutes....

5. Highlander

Highlander 1/2 ton status

Oh goodie I can hardly wait... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Eric

6. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yeah, my neighbor came over at 10:00 on the dot one weeknight when i was letting my truck idle and i was working on it.
    She's like
    "Um i just thought i'd have a word with you before i call someone about this... You've woken me up twice and i have a very demanding job... blah blah blah..."

I was thinking she's bi#%hing about my Blazer with a 350 and 3 chamber flowmasters... I should fire up my Camaro's big block with cutoff 2 chambers.... or my dad's 327 with 3" one chamber flowmasters. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Damn neighbors.

7. highwaydevil

highwaydevil 1/2 ton status

I thought she was being nice, the cops could've showed up and you would have wondered who did it, she at least got face to face. If you were louder than the noise ordinance, I wouldn't blame her.

8. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

This is true, atleast she had the guts to say it to his face, so she must think Ryan is cool enough to shut it down a little earlier next time.... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

9. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

When we got my brothers engine put back together we started it up at 3:30 am with open headers to break in the cam. After a couple seconds I decided we needed to bolt the tailpipes on. It was still loud, but we didnt get any complaints. This was at our shop in town.

The people down the street from my house occasionally fire up their race car at 2 or 3 in the morning and rev it up.

For the most part our neighbors are pretty cool.

10. Ryan B.

This is true what you guys said.
    She was being cool about it..
    And since she didn't call the cops for being loud, and coming over to tell me she had a problem with noise late at night... i try to be as respectful as possible. Definatly on the weekdays, but i try to be quiet late on the weekends also. Haven't had any more problems because i'm more aware of it now.

This one old guy down the street... almost every time i start up my car and take off down the street... I mean i'll be idling down the street @ 5mph and he's shaking his head and throwing his hands in the air. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif At like 9 in the morning. probally yelling something like: /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif"put some mufflers on that thing!"
    I guess the big block must rumble and shake his windows. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

11. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Of course none of these other wankers have asked the friggin obvious.........

Is she hot? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

12. Ryan B.

LOL!

Um i don't really think so....

So in other words, yeah bubba... you'd hit it.

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

13. BamBamblazer

BamBamblazer 1/2 ton status

You should feel lucky, i live in an uppity neighborhood. I have had the cops at my door 6 times in the past four months for noise. I work odd hours, i might go in at 6am or i might go in at 1 am or anywhere inbetween. The neighbors keep calling saying i start my blazer at all hours of the night just to piss them off. Not a one of them has the balls to come over and talk to me about it, they just wait till i get home then call the cops. I used to fire it up and imediatly leave to try to hold the noise down, but if they cant be decent enough to talk to me i dont have the decency to leave quick. Cops always say i am doing nothing wrong but they still have to talk to me. Sorry for the venting but i think you guys made me feel much better!!!
    /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

14. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

So, Bubba, what did your neighbors do?