Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Neighbors!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BowtieBlazer, Oct 23, 2003.

1. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    Damn neighbors, we all got them....installing a 14ff and a 4" lift and I don't have much of a garage...welll...One of the neighbors must have filled a complaint, had a EBR Police officer knock on my door to ask about an SUV "on blocks", I breifly explained that I had a wreck and yes there was a day when i had it on blocks in open view but it was now done, he asked if it ran and I explained I could start it if he liked, he was very polite and explained that was fine he believed me and off he went. Still aggrivates me.....It was filled 3 days ago...maybe i broke some neighbor hood ordinance /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

On blocks, in Louisiana? Isn't that a prerequisite to even live there? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif j/k Sounds to me like you have some old crow in the neighborhood that has nothing better to do but bitch about others, as opposed to minding her own f'ng business.

John

3. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

I met my nextdoor neighbor the other day (I moved in 3 months ago). He asked me is that was me driving down the road in a TA with the tires spinning all the way. I was like "um........yeah" and he said "that's cool! I love that stuff." My neighbors kick ass. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Sounds to me like you have some old crow in the neighborhood that has nothing better to do but bitch about others, as opposed to minding her own f'ng business.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I got one of those that lives next to me and one across the street. I used to park with two wheels on the parking because of our narrow street. Not anymore because everytime I do it now they call the police. The funny thing is her fiend down the street parked with all four tires on the parking for two weeks and no police were called on them... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif BITCH

5. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Glads I don't live there. I'm in the middle of restoring a 1959 Airstream. Had to take the body off to replace the floor. Body has sat on a platform I built to remove it for 3.5 weeks. Jus have got the frame under it and last night it was moved back onto my driveway and all the mess cleaned up.

6. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

home-owners associations are the modern day nazis.

j

7. BowtieBlazer

Funny no old crow saw my 3 1/2 ton jack walk away from my house... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

I know a officer that works my district...working on finding out which one it was....was grinding and welding alot in the past few days...

8. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

That sucks,You cannot do anything on your own property without some dickhead complaining or some stupid law governing what you do on your own land /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

9. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm in the middle of restoring a 1959 Airstream

[/ QUOTE ]

Grimmy! I did that with a 62! Yepo, replaced the entire floor, all the plumbing and even the door knob. That door knob was $178 new... Geeesh... And the windows? Forget it... Luckily I only had to replace one of them. Found it on line for $300...

Then a year later it burned.... Let me tell you that the one thing you should do is replace ALL of the outlets and switches in the 110vac lines. The wiring is aluminum and all the connections to the outlets and switches go bad after a while. That causes them to arc and POOF! no more Airstream... Just glad I wasn't in it when it happens...

10. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

My Neighbor keeps parking his car in front of my house instead of his house and now he bought a new car and the car is in front of my house with a for sale sign on it and a flat tire (not me) I think it is rude in this little town their is plenty of room in front of everyone’s own house to park. I should park the ram jet gmc (a ugly k5)in front of his home /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

11. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    I'm in the middle of restoring a 1959 Airstream

[/ QUOTE ]

Grimmy! I did that with a 62! Yepo, replaced the entire floor, all the plumbing and even the door knob. That door knob was $178 new... Geeesh... And the windows? Forget it... Luckily I only had to replace one of them. Found it on line for $300...

Then a year later it burned.... Let me tell you that the one thing you should do is replace ALL of the outlets and switches in the 110vac lines. The wiring is aluminum and all the connections to the outlets and switches go bad after a while. That causes them to arc and POOF! no more Airstream... Just glad I wasn't in it when it happens...

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is the thread where I'm restoring it over at AirstreamForums.com I'm 59Toaster
    http://www.airstreamforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6554
    It's a frame off job. Wiring is the next thing I am working on. New fuse box for 110v, New charger and a inverter at a later date and new wiring to most of it. I have been trying to avoid taking out any more then I have to of the interrior walls but I need to get into the Cceiling to prewire for a roof A/C and add some braces. If I do that then I'll replace all the wires.

12. BowtieBlazer

Thats a cool project you got going their grimmy, I can only start to imagine how time consuming that project is....

13. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

well it must be a fact that all neighbors lick anus...due to the fact that someone in my neighborhood turned me in to the code enforcement office a while back, because i had 4 vehicles at the house, moms blazer, 1990 f150 that was my great-uncles and i was selling for my aunt, my 1987 turbo 4runner, and my 86 k10...so ok they were all tagged and insured, all in MY yard...blazer in the driveway, k10 in the front yard, and f150/4runner stacked in the side yard with for sale signs on both...finally sold the ford and the code people went away..until i let my k10 registration go and it sat in the side yard, backed in, mind you so nobody could see the tag..but they threatened me, out of nowhere, with hauling it away because it wasnt registered and was "abandoned" as they saw it...i promptly informed him that it wouldnt be there when they came for it..or i would try my damndest to drag that tow truck out of my yard when they pulled up..so i got a 2 week extension...sold the 4runner and tagged the k10..so now its all legal...so which neighbor do i hunt down and beat senseless for calling me in and trespassing? none because i know who it was, and i use his yard (last lot in the neighborhood with nothing built on it) to flex my truck in... [​IMG] /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif