Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Nemesis

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by kyser_soze, May 16, 2006.

1. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

Nemesis: An opponent that cannot be beaton or overcome.

I work for a large construction company (contracts in the billions), and was promoted to a forman last year in the trade of carpenters. I used to work around this guy who was a total asshat to me and other people. I seen him today at a OSHA class that is required by my employer. I noticed him and felt fire in my veins.

Story goes: About 3 years ago I was looking around for work and came upon this job where I knew the Superintendant and formen and ask them for a job. {Well in the company I wark for there are certain 'factions' of workers, carpenters included. There are the 'ouside guys', concrete,shoreing and the like, then there are the 'inside guys', trim, drywall,wood blocking, doors,...........etc.}

At the time it was 100* plus outside and being an inside guy, they hired me for some trim and I worked doing some things in airconditioning while the guys that had been there for several months sweated their asses off outside. Needless to say some guys were a wee bit jealous at my fortunate luck. This asshat was their leader. Well when the work inside ran out about 3 weeks later the "man" sent me outside to the wolves. I can pay my dues here I thought. ( just to let everyone know I did not rub it into anyones face that I was working in airconditioning while they were sweating their asses off).

Well that POS gave me **** at every possible opportunity to do so, a totaly freindless job sucks!

So now I am pondering scenerios if were put on a job with equal rank.

2. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

A few years ago, I'd have field tested his hard-hat first opportunity. Now, I'd let him screw himself, no doubt he will, just is nice to be there when it happens. Seen it happen many times for me, since I went back to trying hard to be a better Christian.

3. kyser_soze

I was thinking interpolitics, getting under the fingernails type of mink-f*ck games.

4. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Mink f**k games? OK, sounds furry! :p: Better get immunized.

5. kyser_soze

I think I'll leave that one unedited.:D

Funny

6. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

I wouldn't worry about it unless it actually happens. If it does play out that way just remind yourself that your not a new guy anymore. You don't have to remain silent and take that abuse. The first time he tries it go on the verbal assault and make sure to let him know things have changed. In a nice way of course. :D Stand up for yourself and I guarantee things will be different, especially if you catch him all alone without the peanut gallery.

Who knows, he may treat you differently and your worrying for nothing.

7. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

Just walk up to him and smile. Then say, I am REALLY looking forward to working with you, now that we are equals. If he has a brain at all, that will make him start thinking!

8. kyser_soze

I'll let it rest.

I watched Count of Monte Cristo a while back, this is not worth the thought process.