Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Neoprene Seat Covers??? Got em? like em? want em?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Kyle89K5, Aug 11, 2003.

1. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

Just like the title says.

I'm thinking of a set for my rig, but Wet Okole is $$$$$ /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Am I wrong in thinking that over $200 is a little pricey for my rear bench? I'm thinking that if I did this, I wouldn't spend more than $125-$150. Thoughts?

Who would LIKE to have them but why don't you have them?

Are there any OTHER companies that make them? I'm hopeing that if I can find SOMEONE that can do them, it will be reasonable.

Does anyone else want them at a decent price. I may have some leads on a few other places, but I don't think they make Blazer specific stuff. f I find a place, who would be interested. I'm not trying to do the group buy thing, just curious if it's just me...

Who would be interested? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Any info/help is GREATLY appreciated..../forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

I have them in my 2001 truck, and I would not buy them again.

1. They stink like a new wetsuit for the first few months.

2. The rip pretty easily.

3. Dog hair sticks to them like crazy. I originally bought them to cover the factory velour seat covers because of the dog hair. That velour that GM uses in the new trucks is a fawking magnet for dog hair. You can hardly get the hair off them even working them over with a good shop vac. The Wet Okole seat covers are almost as bad.

4. They stain pretty easily, and are not real easy to clean. I even bought black/dark gray, but they look pretty bad already.

I would look for some other kind of seat cover.

I guess they would be OK for an open top truck for weather protection, but they do soak up water. I am not sure if they would totally protect the seats from getting wet.

Nothing beats good old vinyl for weather protection and ease of cleaning.

3. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

My truck is open top most of the time, and in Oklahoma, you NEVER know when it's going to rain.

I have vinyl, but I also tend to wear shorts one in a while and have lost a precious amount of skin FROM the vinyl. That's why I'm hunting for something better. I don't want cloth, for the above reasons.

Thanks for the input. Good to hear real life experience /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

ANYONE?

Somebody has GOT to have something to say /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I looked at them too, but that is way too much money.

6. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I looked at them too, but that is way too much money.

[/ QUOTE ]

How much WOULD you pay? I'm thinking that I really want/need these things.

Like I said before, I've got a line on a company that is "thinking" about making these, providing there is some interest. Their pricing so far seems to be a LOT less than Wet Okole's

Thoughts?

7. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

If they were high quality I would say around $100. I paid $30 for my two front ones. They aren't waterproof, but they are good seat covers /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif