Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NERF BARS for PRE-92 K5 Blazers, Help Please!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by barknee, Mar 25, 2006.

1. barknee

barknee Registered Member

Apparently, most of the 4x4 stores in Sacramento are no longer carrying the NERF-type bars for the older FUll-size Blazers for whatever reason, only 92 and newer.
    Anyone have any advice or links for online 4x4 sites that may still sell these steps/bars (tube style)?
    The ones I DID find, were about $375/pair, seemed kind of high.
    Thanks everyone, in advance.

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

The K5 isn't a good candidate for nerfs... mainly because the frame is soooo far from the rockers. Smittybuilt makes them, but they aren't good for much other than steps. Rocker replacement with heavier-wall rectangular steel tube is a more beneficial upgrade...

j

3. 81jimmyslt

81jimmyslt 1/2 ton status

I have a rockslider setup with steps. They sit higher than nerf bars. Check here www.blazenoffroad.com

And Welcome to CK5

Jesse

4. chrisb420

chrisb420 1/2 ton status

i know i have seen them in th jc whitney catolog lately for $180 for black $200 for chrome

5. barknee

Thanks guys. Truth be told, I also have an 83 CJ7 that I use to more serious off-roading with my rubicon buddies, and when I want to tear sh*t up.
    I will be doing off roading with my K5, but not to the extent of what I use my CJ for. So, for now, the nerf bars will make it easier getting into my rig, and for my ol lady to get her skinny a$$ up into it once it's lifted. lol

You know, I've tried getting onto the JC Whitney website for 2 weeks now, and it never links up, it shows as Page Cannot be Displayed! WTF? :haha:

6. Mikey von

Mikey von 1/2 ton status

[FONT=&quot]Make sure you check out DPI. It is what I will be going with when the money tree starts blooming. About the same price of Nerf bars and they are functional. I am going to go with ones that have steps for my wife similar to the ones one the white suburban in this thread http://coloradok5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161518&highlight=dpi

of course my burb only has a 4" lift and will have 33" tires nothing huge like that truck.

Here is their website http://dpalms.com/dpi/sliders.shtml

and they are a vendor here.

Michael
    [/FONT]

7. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

got mine at 4wp about 18 months ago...

they were made by genuine steel and cost me about 130.

sold them on CK5 for 75 bux :D

8. barknee

They were Nerf-type bars? The only ones I've found in an actual store wanted $375+tax for nerf bars made by smittybilt.
    Thats ridiculous for that much $$$.
    I'm wondering if the nerf bars that are sold for the chevy pickups 1988-1991 will work, if its the same chassis. They're discontinuing the ones for the K5's, at least here in Sacramento. THat's probably their way of saying "we dont want ya on the rubicon anymore". lol
    b@stards!