Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Nerf Bars Needed!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by wed68, Mar 18, 2005.

1. wed68

wed68 Registered Member

I need a set of nerf bars for my 84 k5, what brand and where to buy? I want something solid that is going to be used often to get in and out of the Blazer!

Thanks
    Bill

2. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

I have a set of the Smittybilts ... no good for rockcrawlin, as they are thiiiiiiiiiin wall ... but they did well to get my wife in-n-out (she's very short.)

'Course, now we're not married I can yank them and put something thicker on... but I digress.

They were a b!tch to install, though, had to drill into the spring hangers and all kinds of weird crap. I'm not really happy with them, and I'm only keeping them to climb over my half doors until I go full cage and real rocker protection.

-- A

3. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

I got some black ones laying around that i had on my 91.

Shoot me an offer if you are interested. They were only used for like 5 months and are in excellent shape/.

4. coptezr

coptezr 1/2 ton status

you have any pic of the installed on the truck? i just ordered some black smitty builts.:crazy:

5. mini_mull

mini_mull 1/2 ton status

I'm in the process of ordering a set of these for my burb. They are a lot tougher than nerf bars, and also work as a step if you have them made perpendicular to the ground like these. Plus they are not that much more expensive than nerf bars. They're by dp industries, http://www.offroadfabnet.com/dpi/home.shtml Many guys on the board recommend him. BTW, this is chevyjeff's k5, and this pic is off the 4x4iron thread.

[​IMG]

6. wed68

wed68 Registered Member

K5Freak, Sorry the system will not let me email you, email me at wed68@cox-internet.com , Send me a pic if you have one, and what brand are they?

Thanks
    Bill

7. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

lol this is back when my blazer was pretty

[​IMG]