Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NEUROC at Paragon

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region' started by Donna, Aug 20, 2003.

1. Donna

Donna 1/2 ton status

Anyone interested in going?

Wayne and I will proably go up On Saturday. (May have to change to Sunday) or Wayne may have to go alone. Just realized my daughter has a football game Saturday evening. Sorry.that takes priority. Anyway....info can be found at...http://paragonap.com/

Hope to see some new faces and see ones I haven't seen for a while that weekend.

2. tweek

tweek 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gifwent to the one in june it was great....plan on being there saturday.....no truck though /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif still working on the rust mites......hope to meet you out there though /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Donna

Donna 1/2 ton status

A bunch of guys from our 4x4 club are planning to attend on Saturday and some are planning to attend on Sunday. Not sure how things are gonna work for us though.

4. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

http://www.neuroc.com/

sept 6 and 7

no i wish but i can not i must go to a chirsting that weekend /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

5. loudnowlouder

loudnowlouder 1/2 ton status

i'll be there on saturday, well thats the plan anyway... the june neuroc was pretty cool, this one will definately be much better, i was still on crutches at that point. but my foot is healed so i'll be able to climb around a little easier.

6. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Sounds like it might be fun. Can we just drive to where their competing, or do we have to walk it?

7. ramjet gmc

yes but it is not far and a truck will take you to the far spots i have a bad knee and i walk it /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. loudnowlouder

loudnowlouder 1/2 ton status

so did anyone else make it up there? i was there from about 12-5 on saturday, i love watching the competition rigs, but i'd rather just have a good trail rig where i can stow my tools and a cooler.

i came up with a friend in his 78 cj7, took us about 4 hours in the jeep, i'm amazed we made it, we were both out at a birthday party friday night and didnt make it back to his place to pass out until 5am...we were on the road a little before 8am....probably should have taken one of our cars though, its normally a 3 hour drive and we wouldnt have frozen on the way home, no top, no doors, got a little chilly once the sun went down...

but it was a lot of fun, made me really want some portal uni-mog axles though!

9. tweek

tweek 1/2 ton status

i made it on sunday. great weather and even better competion.....trying to convert my street rod buddy to four wheel drives....at the end of the day the quigley van took a crazy liine up obstacle 2 /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif and then drove down it!! all in all it was a great day.....wish i could have ran into a few k5er's though /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

10. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

I wish I could have made it this year. We missed all 3 events and at the beginning of the year we planned to make it to 2 of them. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Next year we will be there and hopefully the following year we will compete with my Jeep. It would be kinda cool to see a K5 compete though.

11. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    It would be kinda cool to see a K5 compete though.

[/ QUOTE ]

That K5 would be me I guess. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. tweek

tweek 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gifsounds real good.......what class do you plan on running??? if you need a hand getting ready let me know i'm close enough i could be there in a jiff /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

I have no choice but to run the Unlimited Class with 42" TSL's. I know I will place low, but I just want to see the look on people's faces when they see what my Jimmy can do. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

14. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

I think a couple of trucks will be hitting Stag Mountain in a couple of weeks if you want to come along, it is about 30 minutes south of you.

15. tweek

tweek 1/2 ton status

sounds real good. let me know about stag mountian..... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gifmy junk might be ready, but i could always run the trusty s-10 /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gifnever been there whats it like....thanks for the offer /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. ramjet gmc

[ QUOTE ]
    I have no choice but to run the Unlimited Class with 42" TSL's. I know I will place low, but I just want to see the look on people's faces when they see what my Jimmy can do. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

i will look forward to that and i will be ruting for you but you all so got to go for anyone runing a full size van too /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

17. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

its too bad they dont have a super stock class. Nothing like seeing unmodified trucks tackle the trails...