Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

neutral safety switch help

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by adamforsythe, Apr 21, 2006.

1. adamforsythe

adamforsythe 1/2 ton status

How do I hook this up to my B&M Megashifter? I don't know where the wires are. what color are they? HOW DO YOU DO THIS???????
    I thought the switch was part of my back up light switch. The only wires going to that switch where my back up lights (Blue/green wires). I have those hooked up to my shifter and they wrok. Where is this stuiped thing?
    Thanks
    Adam

2. bear76

bear76 1/2 ton status

Is this for the stock shifter? If so, I droped my colloum down to reach it better on my 91' pu. I think it should be the same on the older style too.

3. jaros44

jaros44 1/2 ton status

I have a first Gen. and have the same problem, mine is a purple wire and is supposed to be at the base of the column on the firewall. Any way that is what my wiring diagram says... Later J.

4. adamforsythe

The only thing that I have found is the back up light switch and the KEY Ignition switch. But no safty switch.
    Thanks
    Adam

5. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

the NSS is the half moon thing on top of the steering column near the fire wall. the NSS wires are purple/purple with white stripe. i think it has the reverse light switch in it also, but not sure

6. R77K10

R77K10 Banned

yellow and purple

7. adamforsythe

That half moom looking thing by the fire wall on the colum ONLY had a green and blue wire. They where for my back up lights. I have all ready yanked those wires and hooked them into my shifter. There where no other wires are prongs for wires on that half moon looking thing.
    Thanks
    Adam