Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Never assume.....

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 1975k5, Jan 17, 2002.

1. 1975k5

1975k5 Registered Member

When buying a used Blazer never assume:
    1. Just because there is a PCV Valve, the valve cover has the block off plate removed from the underside, took me 6 months to figure this out!!!
    2. There are header gaskets installed.
    or 3. Just because the wheel weights are on the rim, that they are installed in the proper location.
    I swear it boggles the mind that some of the things that I have discovered in the last year, that people actually believe to be OK.

Tom

There are no stupid questions, only stupid people!

2. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

Well dont feel bad, my blazer i bought had the tranny rebuilt as well as the tcase guess what I've had to rebuild lately,.....both.

Like em big and topless
    You call THAT...a 4x4....LMAO?

3. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

After I bought mine I found only 5 out of the 12 body mounts were bolted to the frame[​IMG]!! Only 5!!! The only reason I found this is cuz the Poly body bushings is one of my very first upgrades. I had two up front two in the rear and one on the drivers side AND THAT WAS IT!! crazy[​IMG]
    Oh and did I mention the rig had a 3"body lift onit too......I am surprized someone didn't die.....

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Burt4x4>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Burt4x4</a>

4. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

when i bought mine, i didnt know much bout lifts and it had blocks in the front...... their gone now!

<font color=red>K5: Because size DOES matter</font color=red>
    85 K5 4IN LIFT 35 GOOD YEAR WRANGLER MT/R, AMERICAN RACING WHEELS

5. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Man!! Hey you did remind me (I too knew nothing about 4x4s when I started) my front spring pacs had 3 stacked shims or torched/homemade pieces of someother leaf spring mabie but thease where placed inbetween the Rancho 4" springpack and the pearch. When my "advice buddy" at the time saw them he said "Stop driving this thing untill you get rid of that hookee chunks of scrap metal under your springs!!" say what.....

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Burt4x4>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Burt4x4</a>

6. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

I know the feeling man! I just replaced the tie-rod ends. The ones that were on there were so worn they were DANGEROUS!! They just wiggled around freely. I knew something was up with the front end cause of the way it was all over the road. Bad brakes had something to do with it, but the tie-rod ends were the biggest problem. I can't believe I had my family with me driving around in that death-trap!

behemoth K5
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool -
    than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

7. 77GMC15

77GMC15 1/2 ton status

Just remember to ASSUME is to make an ASS out of U and ME.

The road is calling you.......ignore it!

8. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

The things on mine never ceace to amaze me.
    I have had it for 2 years.
    I just ripped out all the remaining carpet and was totaly amazed that the floors and box are basicly rust free.
    When I did the swap though I found that he had welded the u-bolts to the plates.
    I hope that that was the last suprize.

<font color=green> Too bad ignorance isn't painful </font color=green>

9. shupach

shupach 1/2 ton status

recently i havent anything majorly idiotic from my previous owner, however just a bunch of really lose bolts, for example, the rear shackle for the front leaf spring bolt nearly came off it was so lose!! and i was driving this thing everywhere. Also i found that random xmember bolts were quite lose. and now when im doing the tcase drop, i noticed that for some odd reason only one side has those natural spacers. Is there ever a smart previous owner?

phill

10. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Assupmtion is the mother of all F***-ups. I love that line!!!!

Red 1989 GMC Suburban SLE V1500 - TBI 350, 700R4 w/ shift kit, Quad-shock front, 31/10.50/15 Pro Comp MT, 4.10 gears, Duals off cat

11. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

never a smart previous owner, think about it, they sold there blazer didn't they...[​IMG]

<font color=blue> I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy!

12. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

never a smart previous owner, think about it, they sold there blazer didn't they...[​IMG]

<font color=blue> I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy!