Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NEVER EVER doing any business with 4WPW AGAIN!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BLzr4x4ngkid, Mar 11, 2001.

1. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

Got my dual steering stabalizers and guess what?! They aren't the right ones. They gave me the ones that are side by side instead of next to each other. Not to mention, I didn't even get the other stuff I ordered. I'm just so happy. I plan on making a phone call to them tomorrow and having a few nice words. I'll make sure they understand that I speak English. I'm really disappointed with this. One thing is for sure, I'll pay for shipping costs from now on. This is complete horse pooh!

"Don't hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning." Odd Ball--Kelly's Hereos

2. Cavalry

Cavalry 1/2 ton status

upstate NY(although I cant figure out why)
    I dont think I have ever heard anthing positive about them. I returned a shackle inversion 4 time before they got it right. I cant figure out how they stay in business

Luke
    84 K5
    [​IMG]

3. RESTORE89

RESTORE89 1/2 ton status

i ordered a jet performance chip for my 89 tbi and it was the wrong chip, and i emailed about returning it . i sent the email on saturday pm, so i have not heard back yet, but after hearing all the neg stuff about 4wpw, i am asking for a refund, and i will purchase my parts locally, even if i have to spend a little more, there is something to be said for the ability to go into a store and see a real person.

4. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Join the crowd...

Calvary: They stay in business by being super nice and kissing the a$$e$ of every rich kid that comes in there with $5000 wanting to lift their Z71 and have it "professionally installed" by the 4WPH team.

Screw them, I'll never buy from them either. Tires, you can't beat Discount and they'll price match. The other stuff, buy from the little guy at the little shop even if it is a little more, you're helping out a real world guy, not some dick that works for commission in a chain store.

Just my .02
    Bryan

[​IMG]
    Durant, Ok
    I love my SAWZALL!!!

5. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

If anyone ever has any thoughts about buying something from them, just do a search on 4WPW, and there will be a really long thread on how crappy they are. I hate going in there too, they don't know jack....threats concerning the BBB usually seem to work to get them do do something right, but maybe it was just a coincidence...

90K5

See my truck at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502>http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502</A>

6. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

I'm a little scared right now... called and ordered up Pro comp Mt's from them because they were 3-get 1 free... well I know the price went up $20 on the 33's... so figure the same on the 35's would have them at 160 (although they are listed at 149 on the site)... well w/ shipping my bill was like $620.... hmmm that's $140 shipping???? WTF!!! Not sure what others have paid for 35's to be shipped, but w/out rims they can't be heaver then a lift kit... that was $65 shipping. All I know is if they jacked it up I'm gonna be t-ed off. Had nothing but problems getting parts lately through mail order (d@mn FedEx) [​IMG] ....But anywho... keep us posted. If these guys aren't cutting it K5'ers should go elsewhere... (Really wish I had hit Nt'l W&T when they had this deal).

1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI

7. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

While we're bashing 4WPW, is anyone else tired of seeing their entire catalog printed in the middle of the 4X4 magazines?

Tim

70 Blazer CST 4X4 350 SM465 NP205
    87 Burb 4X4 350
    01 GMC 2500HD 4X4 Duramax/Allison

8. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Yes! I am tired of seen 6 pages of the same old junk!

Too funny that almost EVERYONE that uses or used 4WP has had their order screwed up one way or another......TOO CRAZY!![​IMG]

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.burt4x4.coloradok5.com>http://www.burt4x4.coloradok5.com</A>

9. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

Yes, I figure that this is why they can't afford good help.

<font color=green>Stupid tourist at Mammoth Cave, Kentucky: "How many miles of unexplored passages are there?"</font color=green>

10. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Guess I'm lucky and live about 40 minutes from one of their stores. Never had a problem with them, but I've always went to the store. I probably won't be back since a new 4x4 shop opened here in town. Hey Cavalry, what's with the name?

Stan

"Liberals ain't mean, they just don't have any common sense!"

11. Mr Red

Mr Red 1/2 ton status

I've said this before & w/ this it's worth saying again. Since I was in HS, you find a local/yocal parts store that's been in biz for a long time. I moved to a new location and it took me about 2 years to find one that seemed to be reputable but that guy behind the counter is fielding calls from reputable repair shops----they can't afford "come-backs" cause the counter guy's an idiot. Just my 2 cents worth.

[​IMG]
    <font color=red>David, '86 & '91 K5</font color=red>
    Forever missing Dale Earnhardt, who drove over more Fords than we could ever dream of

12. xplosuv

xplosuv 1/2 ton status

Well there color blind too, I ordered a black capet kit and after 6 weeks I get a Tan colored one. Then I get a hassle when I went to return it sence it was a special order.....

If you cant go over it...GO THROUGH IT !!!
    75 Jimmy 11" lift with 40's

13. BAMA74K5

BAMA74K5 Registered Member

I was thinking of ordering a WARN bumper from 4WPW, but after reading all these posts, I am having second thoughts about it. Can anyone suggest anouther dealer/site in which I can find WARN products at a reasonable price. Thanks.

14. shupach

shupach 1/2 ton status

U might try Oreilly's, they have a performance catalog u can get at their store and order alot of stuff, they have warn equipment.

phill

15. BAMA74K5

BAMA74K5 Registered Member

Do they have a website I can visit?

16. Jason73K5

Jason73K5 1/2 ton status

I've never had any problems with them at all. They've even saved me from buying the wrong parts a couple of times. I was there today picking up my cut-out fender flares and was once again pleased with the service.

One thing that you have to remember with a big company that does a lot of buisness like them, is that they will always have a greater number of complaints than smaller shops. That doesn't mean that they make a larger percentage of mistakes, they just have a larger number of transactions. They're not perfect, but they do seem to be doing better than anyone else.

17. shupach

shupach 1/2 ton status

they have one but it sucks, just drop by the store and ask for their performance catalog.

phill