Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

never letting anyone else touch my truck again!!!!!! *UPDATE*

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ducttape114, Mar 14, 2003.

1. ducttape114

ducttape114 1/2 ton status

(RANT ON)a month ago i cracked my flex plate. i had a spare 6.5 litre diesel in the garage that i was waiting for a chance to swap it in. my neigbor has a really good friend who runs a shop about 10 miles away from my house. he does really good work and is a nice guy to. i applyed for a job with him a while back, thats a different story. So i call him up and talk to him for a while. i told him that as long as i had to change the flex plate, i may as well swap motors too, but the way my schedule(SP) is right now, it would take me probably a month to do it. so he says he will do it for a grand and it will take 2, maybe 3 days. the only thing is hes booked for 2 weeks before he can get started. so in my head i think, $1000 and no truck for 2 weeks OR free and no truck for probably over a month plus NO free time and the work isnt guarrented. this was not a very hard choice. so i take my truck over after 2 weeks of riding my bike to work and bumming rdes to school. sunday night i drop her off in his parking lot. i call him monday morning from work and get his answering machine. it says "hi, this is jon, im taking friday and monday off, call me again on tuesday". so, my truck sits in a unsecure parking lot for two nghts and 3 days with a $3500 motor in the bed. so i call him tuesday and get a few little details worked out, he says he will get started right away. so i call him thursday and hes yelling over the clunking and grinding or my flex plate destorying its self, he says "hey hows it going.... yeah actually im just pulling your truck in the shop right now". i very speifically told him NOT to run her for any reason as the flex plate was cracked and any running of the motor is going to **** up my tranny. so i just let that go as calling him on it wouldnt have made it any better. so now my motor has been sitting in a unsecure parking lot for 4 nights and 3.5 days with my motor in the bed. and on top of this i only had a rag stuffed in the intake beause i thought it was only going to be outside for 6 hours, not 4 days. so on wensday i talk to my friend who referd me to this guy and hes telling me about how his girlfriends truck threw a serpintine belt and jon spent like so long getting everthing straigtned out and its such a good thing jon was there. and i get quite angry, at work, in front of customers and start yelling at him about why jon was working on her truck and not mine. he gets all defesive. so i call him again a few days later, he says he is still working on it and he will be done on thursday. so i call him on thursday and guess what, hes still not done. so i tell him im coming over and im gonna grab my drive shaft so i can replace the U joint. so i go into his shop. i walk in and see jon standing next to my truck talking to some fat ass who is leaning ON my truck while jons shop assistant(the one who ended up with MY job) is trying to line up the motor mount bolts. so in 12 days he has ALMOST go the new motor bolted in. so i grab my drive line and ask one again when he thinks he will be done. he says it will be done for sure by friday night (tonight). i say great. Tuff trucks is tonight and i want to play. so today i get a call at work and its jon. he says" i have some good news and some bad news. i got the motor in and its all bolted and wired up and ready to run" so naturaly i ask what the bad news is. he says"did you know your flex plate has a big crack in it?" apparentlly, the flex plates were no the same so he used the old (cracked) one and didnt see the crack till it was all bolted in and he went to bolt up the torque converter!!!!!!!!! so he promissis that he ordered the part tonight and it will be driveable on monday. wonderful. so now, lets review: i havent had my truck in over a month, im out $1000, and the work is garunteed but im sure as hell not takeing her back to him if somthing goes wrong. AND i dont get to play at tuff trucks AND i have to bum rides to school AND i have to ride my bike to work for another week, because, lets face it, if hes says it will be done on monday, its not going to happen till next december. i also have about 10000000 little jobs to do(bleed brakes, swap front axle, etc) that i cant do because my truck is now locked up inside his shop. ERRRRRR!!!!!!!!! (RANT OFF, but still really pissed off and short $1000 and 1 month of driving time) i guess i should look at the bright side, i get to get all sweaty before i even get too work and i get to go to school in a riced out mitstubich(SP) elipse!!!!!! YA-FAWKING-HOO!!!!!!

<font color="red"> ok, now im gonna kill him!!!! my tranny is dieing a slow death.i never put it together but my problames started shortly after i got my new motor put in. so today im under the truck while shes running and i notice the tourque converter is floping back and forth like its not on there stright. now, if dip [censored] removed my tourque converter and didnt get it all the way on again, this would no doubt **** over my tranny right? and is there anyway i can prove he did it? how should i handle this? any advice would be appriciated. thanks guys </font>

2. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

Re: never letting anyone else touch my truck again!!!!!! *RANT*long*

Man that sucks! I agree with you, do the work yourself next time! Gaurantee/whatever!!!! Look at it this way, at least you get to change your sig! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Hope you like the 6.5L

3. schmuck

schmuck 1/2 ton status

i know how you feel a few years back someone hit me in my cutlass convertable so i briught it in to a local body shop to get the body and paint work done and when i got it back the car didnot run right and the water pump was leaking so when i went to fix it the bolts were striped in the block they must have tried to **** with it /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

4. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

man that realy sucks. Thats one reason i do all my own work on both my trucks, no matter how mundain or complex.

5. 4x4_76

4x4_76 1/2 ton status

That sucks big time! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

That's the reason why I do all the work on my truck myself.I know what's done,and how it's done.If I f**k up,I can only blame myself,and learn from that mistake. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif