Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New 1982 Blazer owner...have a few questions.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by cameyer, Sep 4, 2000.

1. cameyer

cameyer Newbie

Hello all. I am from Cleveland, OH, and just got an 82 Blazer. I need to do some work on it and would like some help. Where are the best places to get parts? (catalogs, companies?) I need interior parts mostly. Also, what are some good parts to add power to my 350? (part numbers) Any advice? Thanks.
    Truck Profile: 1982-everything either brand new or rebuilt, new crate 350 (converted from diesel), 700R4 trans, 4.11 gears, Edelbrock air filter, Weiand aluminum intake(I think), some headers, custom true dual exhaust w/2" pipes I think, 2-3" body lift, 2" suspension lift, 33x12.5 BFG M/T, 15x10 black American Racing wheels, etc.

2. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

3. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

4. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

Your link is wrong.

When you are linking to an email addy , dont do http, type
    "mailto:"and then the address like

mailto:sales@cheyennepickup.com

-- Mike

5. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

No, you just used the [ url ] tag, that automatically puts the http://. When linking an email address use: [ email ] yadda@yaddayadda.com [ / email ]. Of course, dont use the spaces.

YEEEEE HAWWWWW![​IMG]

6. Heath-La. 89GMC

Heath-La. 89GMC 1/2 ton status

Just a message for new K5 owners. Get ready to have headaches, cus a lot, scream a bunch, spend some money, cus some more, have migrains, punch the dash, look for a new dash, buy some tools, get stuck, break something while pulling out somebody that is stuck, cus some more, have saturdays reserved as "maintainence days", scream, hollar, cus, chew and dip a lot more, cus, and mostly................. HAVE A LOT OF FUN!!!

7. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Congrats on the purchase! I am an 82 owner also., I have a Jimmy.

You can also try LMC , but I am not sure what their URL is, but they do have a site and they do have FREE catalogs....

Oh, and my 82 also came as a diesel and the previous owner converted it to a 350....

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com

8. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

One thing, everything I have ordered from JC Whitney hasn't been what I was expecting at all, as in color, size, installation, and use. A good bit of it was crap. I would recommending staying away from them. I have heard good things from them about their seatbelts though, I am going to order some from them sometime.

Dawson
    88 K5

9. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I think the only stuff worth ordering from JCW is weatherstripping(sp?) and seatbelts, most everything else is crap.

YEEEEE HAWWWWW![​IMG]

10. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

LMC is a good spot to check. Also you can check out some truck magazines and look up Golden State Pickup Parts. They have some hard to find stuff.

Have you driven OVER a Ford lately?

11. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Congrats on the birth of your newborn. We also have a 1982 Blazer if you can call it that anymore.. it's part 1982, part 1985, part 1990.. lol.
    I just received a catalog from Classic Industries.
    This catalog rules !!!!! The best one I've seen next to Yearone. The url is www.classicindustries.com
    Covers Chevy Blazers and Gmc Jimmies from 1969 to 1991.
    Check it out.. you won't be disappointed.

It's better to have it than to not need it, then to need it and not have it. !!!

12. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Doh!!!.. I forgot .. LMC Truck is great also.. I see that it's already been mentioned by another fellow Texan.. Just thought I'd mention it also.. I have too many catalogs here now..

It's better to have it than to not need it, then to need it and not have it. !!!

13. DaveBlazer

DaveBlazer Registered Member

Welcome!
    I'd have to say go with a mix of the companys, so far I've ordered from LMC and JC's. I had a problem with a very cheap excuse for a tailpan that only covered part of what I needed, but everything else from them has been fine
    I've had no problems with JC's so far everything has been fine, but then again I haven't Installed anything yet.(Jc's ordered rear floors & Tailpan)I must add that the Tailpan is OEM and not the *rap I got from LMC. LMC carrys alot of stuff for our trucks. I'd buy from them again.(just don't get a tailpan from them).
    Hope this helps.
    Dave

[​IMG] BLAZER FEVER!! ITS CONTAGIOUS. [​IMG]
    <font color=yellow> 88 </font color=yellow><font color=black>K5<font color=black>

14. riz

riz 3/4 ton status