Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New 2-door Tahoe???

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by acablik, Jul 31, 2003.

1. acablik

acablik Registered Member

Has anyone seen or heard anything about GM making the 2-door tahoe again? I heard ford is bringing back the Bronco. Is this true? It sucks that they dont make this truck anymore. No one makes a full size two door for that matter.

2. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

I've seen the concept truck and it looks a lot like a shrunk down 2 door avalanche. The one I saw had the 2002 Chevy front end on it before it got all swoopy (and ugly) looking. Had little half doors. They were pretty unclear about the whole top issue though. Oh, and it had IFS and solid axle rear. Sorry I don't have a pic though.

Kris

3. LandRaider

LandRaider Registered Member

One of the GM parts guys down at my local dealership says the Mexicans have them. Use them for law enforcment. WHo knows?? I sure would like a 2 door 2002 denali.

4. atlantak-5er

atlantak-5er 1/2 ton status

Yeah a two door denali would be sweet. I'd buy one right away. I've been looking at new trucks but I'm not payin 40 gins for something that doesnt stack up to my 2 door tahoe. I'll drive it until someone comes out with a new full size two door 4wheel drive. We all know there is a market for them (almost 25 years of our k-5's). They have just dissapeard temporarily in my opinion.

5. LandRaider

LandRaider Registered Member

Yeah. Border Patrol ones are *supposedly* 2 doors. I was watching Dave Atell on comedy Central a few nights ago, and saw one of the <99 model trucks on there crusing down the border, and got all excited!! We can only hope that GM pulls their head out of their ass and makes us some 2 door 2004 fullsize SUV's, and if there is a Denali package for them that would be even better! /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

6. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

The only bad thing about a new 2 door tahoe/yukon would be the price and the fugly front end. If they went with the pre-2003 it would look awesome, but I just hate that new avalanchish styling.

Kris

7. atlantak-5er

I thing it we be cool in the denali pkg or if it was similar to the avalanche without body cladding option that was made available this year.

Does anyone have a picture of the border patrol model or the concept avalanche look-a-like?

8. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

I've got a pick of the avalanchish one and the 99-03 body style one right here.

Kris

9. Blazerholic

Blazerholic Registered Member

That "avalanchish" one is bad as hell!! Looks like my wifes amigo but in MAN size! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

10. j20m715

j20m715 1/2 ton status

that looks like a chop to me.
    why does it have a frt flare & not a rear one ?

11. BayouBlazer88

BayouBlazer88 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    why does it have a frt flare & not a rear one ?

[/ QUOTE ]

-I agree, looks awkward. I think the rear wheels are pushed to close to the rear. (for the red tahoe). I guess it would look alright with a suspension lift, maybe 33's, and a pair of chrome nerf bars.

12. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

thats an old concept. it was on the news page here at CK5 when I first started coming a year ago.

13. atlantak-5er

How are the new z71 tahoes off road (compared to other current stock vehicles)? I think their wheelbase is too long at 116 but its the shortest chevy offers in a full size truck.