Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

new 6 inch lift installed, now I've got a couple ?'s

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by K5DRAGER, Dec 30, 2001.

1. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

new 6 inch lift installed, now I\'ve got a couple ?\'s

Just finished installing my 6 inch lift. Its got 6 inch bds up front and ord shackle flip with 2 inch skyjacker springs out back. My ? is should I use a 2 inch pitman along with the raised steering arm that I've already installed? And for the guys with the same setup did you have to use something like the 1 inch add a leaves to get your truck level? And the bad vibe in the back... will this go away when I get the shaft lengthened or do I need to shim it or is this like some of the old posts that I searched and may depend on the truck it self? Thanks for any help and sorry if these are some repeatative questions.

2. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

Re: new 6 inch lift installed, now I\'ve got a couple ?\'s

ttt, I could really use some answers or suggestions here.

3. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

but also dont forget to drop the tcase
    i personally would install the rough country 4-6inch steering arm. i did it on mine and its great.
    then u gotta adjust the draglink.
    also dont forget to extend ur brakelines.

<font color=red>K5: Because size DOES matter</font color=red>
    85 K5 4IN LIFT 35 GOOD YEAR WRANGLER MT/R, AMERICAN RACING WHEELS

4. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

I did the 6" BDS lift and used a 2" droped steering and a raised block on my 60. For the rear, you will need to shim the springs and drop the t'case. I invested in a CV driveshaft, best investment ever made, no vibrations at all.

Derf00
    1990 K5 Jimmy 350 Edelbrock Performer TBI, 6in BDS Lift, Dana 60, 4.56, Corp 14B Detriot, 16x10 AE 589's, 37x12.5 SSR

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I suggest the pitman arm as well as the steering arm. In my experience, 6" lifted trucks with only the steering arm don't steer as well...especially to the right.

Your rear driveshaft is a can of worms you've opened by lifting your truck so much and using the shackle flip. Good luck. I don't own a Blazer so I've never had this problem. I might some day...but for now, I can't help you. The angle of the front u joint needs to be the same as the rear or similar in angle--although I've seen them work other ways as well with no vibes.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles

6. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Well the vibe issue out back is very common with the shackle flip. Unfortunetly a lot of times it isn't explained before you do the project. With the 6" lift and flip.... and if you have a slip yoke type tcase just get a CV shaft. Keep the case at the stock height so you don't have as many issues with the frt shaft angle.

If you have a fixed yoke type case you can try dropping the t-case or try getting/ making something like a 2" drop to the tcase and see what happens. From what I have heard you will have to shim down the pinion a bit because of the flip. The front shaft will probably have some sorting out to do.

Most likely you will be best of with a CV shaft out back, tcase at stock hieght and shim the rear diff whatever you need to aim it straight at the tcase. I have 5.5" BDS springs up front and the tcase at the stck height and am running 2 degree shims up front with no problems

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch</a>