Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

new 60 SRW hubs - CHEAP! (relatively)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jcg, Nov 18, 2004.

1. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

I stumbled across this a couple weeks ago while searching for a solution to my DRW 60f issue. I found the GM part number 15635530, which is the hub/rotor assembly with studs and bearing races pressed in. My local dealer quoted me around $400 each, wholesale price. Just for sh!ts and giggles I tried GM Parts Direct to see what they'd want for it, and I almost crapped my pants in disbelief! <font color="red"> $114 EACH!! </font> /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif I waited till my pair showed up at my door to make sure it was true, and sure enough it's the real thing. They're special order so it takes a couple weeks to get them, but at $275 for a pair shipped to my door, I'm willing to wait!

Anyway, just wanted to throw this up in case anyone needs a set. I thought about ordering a bunch and pawning them off on ebay for a hefty profit but don't feel like going through the effort. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif It's by far the best deal I've seen anywhere, especially since just a rotor alone is $40-60 at a parts store.

2. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    $114 EACH!!

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

Holy cheap hubs Batman, damn I wish I had known this a year ago, could have saved a fortune on my 60.

/forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

3. dhdescender

dhdescender 1/2 ton status

Qualicum Beach, British Columbia, Canada - Eh.
    ** We Don't Ship Internationally **

... Bastards! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

4. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    ** We Don't Ship Internationally **

... Bastards! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ship to a buddy and have him send them to you, They only cost $18 and are a gift, right /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

KP

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

dude have someone just over the border get them then send them up to you. Hell if you want have them sent to me I'd be glad to send them to you.

6. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

I was thinking the same thing, just have a friend on here ship them too you. FYI, they ship the boxes strapped together as one piece and it weighs 98 lbs. The DHL guy probably wasn't too happy about that. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. dhdescender

dhdescender 1/2 ton status

Qualicum Beach, British Columbia, Canada - Eh.
    [ QUOTE ]
    dude have someone just over the border get them then send them up to you. Hell if you want have them sent to me I'd be glad to send them to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks man, I'll get back to ya when I'm sure I need those puppies!

Phht. The DHL guy's got a hand truck. He's paid to use it. I'd feel no guilt.

8. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

There is a vendor over on POR that sells them for around this price. He even sells the 5 and 6 lug versions.....

9. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

My bad, I just double checked and his are $375 shipped. Not sure if he is the same guy selling on ebay for around $300/pr..

10. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the info Joe! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I thought that you might have left the wheeling scene, have not seen you on here in seems like years.

11. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

i came across this subject a while back in a post on Pirate, and did a little research with the help of my friendly GM counterman. although i just kept the info to myself, as i didnt want to seem to be stealing the guy's business away from him. i didnt see anyone here looking for them, so i didnt post up here either.

$114 is less than what the GM dealers pay for them.

12. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

Nah I haven't left the scene, just gotten myself even deeper. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Since I graduated from college I haven't had the free time like I used to, and combined with the near exponential growth of this site, just haven't been able to keep up with all the goings on here. Things should lighten up this winter though, so I think it's about time to send my check in to Steve and try to become a "regular" again. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

13. aj's tonka truck

aj's tonka truck Registered Member

Will this part fit a D60 out of a 1990 chevy 1 ton crewcab with single rear wheels. I'm going to put this front axle in my 91 Jimmy. I need new rotors, so this may save me $$

14. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

just go to auto zone and buy new rotors, you dont need hubs if the truck is alrady srw.

15. aj's tonka truck

aj's tonka truck Registered Member

Thanks, I will do that. Yesterday was the first time I have tried to reply. I'm new at this and still trying to learn how to interact on line. Anyway, thanks for replying to my question.

16. Aquaman

Aquaman 1/2 ton status

I don't understand why everybody is obsessed with srw. Especially with Chevy guys. We can run drw D70 or a van 14FF and have very close to the same width. Not only that, but we can then use stock H1 rims... like me /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I don't understand why everybody is obsessed with srw.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that anyone is obsessed, and the H1 wheel option is a good one, but not all of us want to use rather heavy H1 wheels, and some guys are upgrading and already have a standard 14BFF with lockers/gears, and wouldn't want to have to start over. I think that this is a good deal for someone looking for a D60; find a cheaper DRW version and convert.

18. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

i found that if you fnd a local who wants DRW's (like me, but loco, not local) and you trade your drW hubs for his/her SRW hubs all is good. with just as much work and a lot less money. i have to find some DRW hubs once i get back, and a D70hd for the back of my blazer.
    Grant

19. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

I was going to go that route, but I didn't have any luck finding a 70 rear within a reasonable distance or price. I got the 14b for free and the 60 doesn't need to be rebuilt at all so this was actually my cheapest/easiest option. I can also get standard 8-lug rims for around $25 each so I couldn't justify the cost of H1 rims. The key word for my project right now is "budget". /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

20. jwglover

jwglover Registered Member

Thanks dude!!!