Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New 86 3/4t Diesel Burb, Need lift and more power

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by bigblock454, Dec 20, 2002.

1. bigblock454

bigblock454 Clack Clack Clack Premium Member

I have a new Burb (Well I am picking it up next week) it has a rebuilt 6.2 and is mostly stock except a K&N filter. I would like a few more HP and was thinking exhaust and pyrometer (I know this won't add power, for injection monitoring). I am assuming that a turbo kit is more than I want to spent.

Next is the lift, If I went with 35s wouldn't I need driveshafts? How much can I expect to spend?

2. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Congratulations on the new truck - you have a nice collection:-) Do you hang out on The Diesel Page? Lots of power tips , etc there. A 4 " lift will fit 35s with just a little rubbing, on maybe none at all - it depends alot on the individual characteristics of the truck. Stock drivelines usually work OK for 4" of lift.

3. bigblock454

bigblock454 Clack Clack Clack Premium Member

Thanks, The dieselpage is where I got the Diesel Burb. A member there was selling it. Drivetrain was going to be the deciding factor on tire size. If I can get away without new driveshafts I think 35s are the answer.

4. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Another popular option is to go 4" suspension lift and then later after seeing how the 35's rub or not - go 1 or 2" body lift. That's another way to put off buying new drivelines. But eventually a lot of people upgrade with stronger drivelines.

5. FLASHLIGHT76

FLASHLIGHT76 1/2 ton status

I"m running a six in lift on my stock shafts and I don't get any vibrations or have any problems with drooping too far. Its a gas truck but the drive train should have roughly the same dimentions. /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif