Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New 99 Ext Cab, Need speakers

Discussion in 'Audio' started by bigblock454, Nov 25, 2003.

1. bigblock454

bigblock454 Clack Clack Clack Premium Member

I just bought a 1999 GMC Ext Cab Diesel (90s body style) I would like to upgrade the factory speakers and find a place for some small subs. What size are the stock speakers? Anyone have a good idea for subs without takeing up much room?

2. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

My buddy has a custom box with (2) JL audio 12w7's under his back seat in his 99' extended cab. bolted the amps behind the seat under the back window. He had to replace the back window with plexi glass because he cracked the glass. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

3. bigblock454

That is perfect, i am surprised they fit. Any chance you could do some quick measuring on the box size?

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]
    What size are the stock speakers?

[/ QUOTE ]
    Take a look over on www.crutchfield.com They have a speaker selector tool that will tell you what size speakers will fit in the stock locations. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

5. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    That is perfect, i am surprised they fit. Any chance you could do some quick measuring on the box size?

[/ QUOTE ] No because I don't talk to the guy very often because he is always busy and hard to get ahold of, besides call a local stereo shop and they will know what will fit because I'm sure they have done an extended cab before.

6. SHAWNSTER

SHAWNSTER 1/2 ton status

BIGBLOCK-i see you didnt buy that diesel blazer in dallas-got a newer truck instead- appreciate the membership /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

7. bigblock454

No problem /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. sdavid

sdavid 1/2 ton status

You can get 10" or 12" woofers back there under the seat. I have had both. The best was 10" woofers in a downfire box. These boxes are readily available at stereo shops and fit very good with out taking up leg room. The best one I had was made of MDF and coated with bedliner. I think your front door speakers are 6.5" and the ones in the back are the plate style 4"x6". If I remember correctly those in the back are up on the pillar and very hard to get to and change.