Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

new 9c1 Caprices??

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Jun 18, 2004.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forum/index.php?s=8b50ca7c3a971086a6cc7e52a59d8668&showtopic=5608&st=0&#entry61901

Buddy just sent me this. He owns an old like 90 9C1 and we both like Caprices. I hope they start making them again... even if its for Cops. I just don't see how cops can drive an Impala with 200 horsepower! CHP tested one this month, it ran a 17.6 1/4 mile. Wow my stock Vortec truck runs better than that /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif. If I didn't have a top speed limiter I'm sure I could outrun one of those with little to no effort.

2. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

i also heard that chp has been testing a version of the hemi 300m to be a crusier too /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

90 was the last year of the B-body boxy style caprices, the 90 was an oddball with the door mounted seatbelts one year only belts in the boxy style B b-bodies of the 77-79 and 80-90 eras

80-90 saw a trillion of the caprices and impalas being built for taxia dn policing use, IE the 9C1, 9C1 have larger braking systems with truck 5 on 5 wheel stud pattern which used bigger spindles and rotors than the civilian and non-towing package equipped chevrolet B-bodies and also used the 8.5" rear axle with sway bar setup front and rear both(other divisions b-body civilian cars such as the 77 electra with 403 used the 5 on 5 bolt pattern spindles rotors calipers and 8.5" axles, the quickest way to tell a 9C1 from a civvy B bopdy is to lok to see how large the wheel studs are, if are 1/2" same as truck ones thne its a 9C1 or traielr towing package equipped car, also same deal if it has rear sway bar equipment and the 8.5" 10 bolt axle and 9C1 listed on the spid label affixed to underside of trunk deck starting in 84 in cars, 83 and older cars did not get SPID labels printed nor affixed to the body anywhere but trucks got these starting for and ever since the 1967 model year

if you need ot know more or have any questions then lemme know i can come up with resources and facts and maybe some production figures also.,

all kinds

4. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

A full-size LS1 or LS2 variant of the Holden 4-wheel-independent-suspension sedan to be imported to the US for years now. It should be her in less than 2 years.

It will easily have a base of 350+ hp and possibly even an optional 6spd. I'll try to dig up some more info on it.

5. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I dont see why GM needs to import an Aussi car
    They already make a 400hp LS6 powered 4 door sedan here in North America. Its called the Caddilac CTSV. Very hot car.
    Its killing Vetts, Porches, Audis, BMW and ricers over on the SCCA racing circut.
    I hope this is the start of good of things to come at GM
    Cadillac CTSV

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Cause GM has their head up their buts anymore. Kind of sad the best performing car in the lineup is a Caddy no?