Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

"NEW" a/c question

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dnp, Apr 26, 2001.

1. dnp

dnp Registered Member

\"NEW\" a/c question

Does anyone out there have an opinion on which aftermarket a/c system seems to work the best and is the easiest to install?
    The deal is: I've got a 72 CST I'm restoring, and I want to get the a/c working again (this will be a first - all of the other Blazers I had...I never worried about it - guess I'm getting old) Since there appear to be several aftermarket mfrs, I would like to find sort of a factory/aftermarket setup. What I mean is, I'd like to keep it looking factory inside, while running a Sandin or other compressor under the hood.
    Any thoughts on this? What about braketry? What about a higher volume interior fan motor?........You get the point, I'm just looking for something that will cool the interior on a hot, Mississippi summer day, and I don't believe the old, factory setup will do it as well as a new setup............Thanks
    dnp