Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

new and also looking for CrewCab59

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by camaroboy8691, Jan 15, 2007.

1. camaroboy8691

camaroboy8691 Newbie

hey guys , been lurking around for a few weeks and finally joined , i go on a few differnt web furoms but anyways alot of info here and well tought out

im researching the idea of putting a 6b into my 96gmc 2500

also would CrewCab59 please email me at tkemblejr@comcast.net i have a few questions

admin , im sorry if i may have posted this in a wrong section , please keep in mind im new to this site and when i figure it out i will also put in my builds and things

thanks guys

ted

2. ARAMP1

ARAMP1 Aviator Extraordinaire

Welcome!

There's a lot of info in the diesel section about swapping in a 6Bt. Most of it however is geared to the 73-91 style truck. As for CrewCab59, he hangs out here a lot or you might try over at the Cummins Conversion Forum.

3. camaroboy8691

camaroboy8691 Newbie

crewcab59, the reason why i am asking you to email me is becuase i seen a post on here that you are working on a computer for the 4l80e which is what i have in my truck and the transmission is my only hurdle i think in doing the swap , along with the convertor i have a bell housing and flywheel lined up out of an old bread truck so thats takin care of

trust me im thinking long and hard about a swap , i just left a job at cummins working on engines but mainly isx, n14 ,m series etc , did a ton of head gaskets, front gear housing gaskets and vp-44s on the isb so i know most of the pros and cons

the reason why i want to do a swap is becuase i finally paid of the truck and it has low miles around 98,000 , i like dodge products but the ride is a bit rough for me , i love my 4x4 with independant front end ,,the really nice interior etc... and im a gm guy , but love dodges fords etc

the swap wont be to hard for me if i do it , i have all the fab work to do it , i built about 7 drag cars mainly tube chassis door cars , have a front engine dragster on the frame table right now being built , have a mill , welders etc

so when i do start this project i will deffently document it all and post it , im in the hunt and gather stage right now im planning if i do it for winter of 07/08

thanks ted