Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New Army uniform

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Shaggy, Jun 14, 2004.

1. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

2. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yeah the new Marines camies are the same stuff. Digital camies /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Wow thats different /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

4. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I'll be getting a set... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I'll be getting a set...

[/ QUOTE ]

You're going in Aug right?

6. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

The Air Force is working on some new ones too. a blue tiger stripe pattern

7. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Yep, August 23. I'm going to Denver from here to hang out with James(jac6695) for a few days then I'll go through MEPS there and then fly out to beautiful San Diego...OOORAH!

8. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

FUGLY. Not near as good looking as the Marines.

9. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

That is wierd cuz we (the army) keep we will not have new uniforms till mid 2006. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

10. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Yep, August 23. I'm going to Denver from here to hang out with James(jac6695) for a few days then I'll go through MEPS there and then fly out to beautiful San Diego...OOORAH!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ive worked MEPS a few times here in Phoenix as a Gideon (the ones that give you a small Bible). I think we've given out around 8,300 so far this year in Phoenix.

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

11. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    beautiful San Diego...OOORAH!

[/ QUOTE ]
    Been there did that and got the T-shirt. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Semper Fi /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. or2play

or2play 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif Now see the marines get digi cammies and now so does the army. No offense to you army guys, but I couldn't wear that. And I love now the nametapes and patches are still green and are totally different then the rest of the uniform.

13. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Go figure, the Marines take the initiative to change their uniform to keep from looking like the Army and they respond with berets and well now the gray digital pattern. I guess everyones wants to be like the MArines but only a few of us can claim the title.

"Many people wonder a lifetime if they really made a difference, The MArines don't have that problem." -Ronald Reagan

Semper Fi and God Speed

14. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

nice! but put a "o" after the dudes name and its "My Hero"

15. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

The gray unifomed pictured is one of 3. That is the urban uniform and there is a desert and a woodland one also.

I spent 5 years in the Marines and I have been in the army for almost 4 years. I am not to happy about the new army unifom. I wish the army would have just made one of there own and not copy the digi print of the Corps.

16. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

Some nifty ideas I guess, but not having to shine boots anymore /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif WTF!

It may have better pocket designs and all but velcro and all makes me think this is something that should be worn in a mental ward not in a combat zone.
    I still prefer my BDU's and shiny ass boots!
    Give me a nice moon lit night in the woods and I'll disapear, he'll stand out like a sore thumb in those colors.

17. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

funny the canadian army uses digicamo for both there guys,
    for years, in a jungle camo

18. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

ive heard the navy is moving from our prisinor uniforms to those digital cammies. From what I hear they will be blue. What I dont understand is why would you camo people on a big grey aircraft carrier. O well anythings better then what we have now.

Nick

19. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I saw that on mail call I think a few months ago. That pixelized look is probably the best way to change or intermesh the color patterns the way they would naturally, to a naked eye.

But, with the world becoming more digital all the time, I would imagine this uniform would give a more defined way for a robotic or digital image processing system to identify uniforms from shrubbery though. A right angle can appear all over in nature, but it's unlikely many right angles would appear so close together. But I guess if a digital system can scan close enough to see the pattern of right angles, it can see the flesh also.
    But then again, flesh and large blocks of different color can be trickier to program in as recognizable than right angle/right angle/right angle/right angle. If there were technology that were advanced enough to use zoomed in video for image recognition, you would only have to program it to examine snapshots every few seconds for rectangles for it to identify non-natural scenery. Useful to supplement guards in a system guarding a bunker or something about to be overrun. Maybe there should be less-definable uniforms.

20. lason

lason 1/2 ton status

Yup the stuff is cool looking. My buddy who is in the marines sent me a digital jungle camo boonie hat because he thought I would get a kick out of it and I love boonie hats. At first, he told me digital and I thought "what does it change patterns to match its surroundings?" He just laughed and sent me this hat. The only thing is the brim is like 2.3 miles in diameter, I like the army ones better but beggers cant be choosers.