Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

new axle Idea

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by georgiared84, Feb 26, 2003.

1. georgiared84

georgiared84 1/2 ton status

OK, I've got a problem. I was setting up scaffolding at my second job today and was on the Ingersol Rand lift. I spent the entire time I was lifting the frames wondering what my K5 would look like with those axles under it. Of course I'd also need the switch that says Crab steer, 4 wheel steer, front wheel steer. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif On second thought, I'll just weld a roll cage to the lift then I can take it wheeling. The forks might come in handy to get people out of the mud. Yes I know this is a waste of good computer space, but I just couldn't keep my mind on my work. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

all terrain lifts have rockwells under them. I am not sure if they are the same as the famous Rockwell 2 1/2s. My dad owned 2 Lulls, I always said I want one to wheel with. The ability to tilt the body for changing the position of your center of gravity on hills and 4 wheel steer make it awesome. and yes I do have these same thoughts everytime I work on a site with one.

3. georgiared84

georgiared84 1/2 ton status

Makes you want to drive it off the site and find some rocks doesn't it? Of course, I'd only have a top speed of about 35.