Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

new baby wont start!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dysphemism, Mar 8, 2003.

1. dysphemism

dysphemism 1/2 ton status

ok I recently acquired a new blazer. 1972, 454, sm465, 1 ton, 42's. I was driving it around and was hitting speed bumps about avg. speed. But the suspension is pretty darned stiff, its about a 9" spring lift. Well I think I knocked something loose, because it died and wouldn't start after I hit a few of them. What should I check? I have an msd ignition box, with msd plug wires. It wont even turn over when I turn the key. It's totally dead, but the electrical is still fine, so the battery isn't dead. Any clues on what to check? I'm going to have to get it going by tm, its in a school parking lot. Should I just beat the crap out of the starter solenoid or what? Any help is appreciated. Ok I just edited this I realized im in the 2nd gen section. haha old habits die hard.

2. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

have you already tried bangin on the starter? Can you hear it click when you try and start it?

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    sm465,

[/ QUOTE ] If you've got power to the ignition, push start it. Just get it rolling at about 25 mph and pop the clutch in second. That way you can get it home atleast.

4. Langosta39

Langosta39 1/2 ton status

Check for wires leading to a clutch interlock that may have been shorted but fell off, check starter connections, bang on the starter solenoid.

andy

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    sm465,

[/ QUOTE ] If you've got power to the ignition, push start it. Just get it rolling at about 25 mph and pop the clutch in second. That way you can get it home atleast.

[/ QUOTE ] If no power to ignition, run a cheater wire from pos side of batt. to pos side of coil.