Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

new bad ass toy I bought today, pics

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by rdn2blazer, Apr 14, 2007.

1. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

so as some of you know I taught my boy to ride his bike with out training wheels last weekend. so I needed a bike to ride. so I bought a bmx bike. bought a 2007 GT El Centro 20 inch freestyle bike, comes all mat blacked out and looks bad ass. :D I will be 40 in just a few months. :crazy: :doah:

now, now, cut it with the laughin :rolleyes: :haha:, I know I will probably get all hurt on it but thats the price I am willing to pay to ride with my boy. when he's old enough for a full size bmx bike I will just let him have it. see smart think'in, wont have to buy another one for a long time :wink1: .

I took off the rear grind pegs since my heals hit them when peddling, fronts come off too, just took the pic first.

I grew up riding bmx, on ramps, street riding, dirt jumps and track. ofcourse its been since about age 16/17 since I have been on a bmx bike. but I WILL get the hang of it again.

I will also post pics of any and all scrapes, bumps and scares I get for you viewing pleasure. :D

the pics,

Last edited: Oct 6, 2007
  2. rdn2blazer

I set it up tonight with the right bar highth and seat position, will be ready to ride tomorrow. just took it around the block tonight and man am I out of shape. could feel it in my chest, shoulders, and ofcourse my legs.

been eating better and starting to get some excersize in. this will help alot too.

3. sope

sope 1/2 ton status

I'd love to get back on a BMX. I raced until I was 14. I'm 32 6'1" and 260 lbs. so good luck for me. Hope you have fun.

4. rdn2blazer

Im 5' 10" bout 175/180 and need to loose some of my gut for sure, and gain some cardio stamina too. getting old sucks :mad:

the one thing Im not looking forward to that will happed at some point is the back spin pedal to the shins, leaving the nice gashes to the shin bone, ouch!! I allways hated that.

5. 1990k5fan

1990k5fan 1/2 ton status

Should have gotten longboards :D.
    Loaded Vanguard

6. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Cool, you guys should have fun. Those'll be the kinda times he remembers forever.. And it'll certainly get ya in shape!

I dabbled back in the late 70's, early 80's, back in the beginning, had a Redline.. I remember Tinker Jaurez being like the original park rider.. Haro, etc..

I was never into dirt or racing, more into big bunnyhops, few flatland tricks like toestops, etc, jumping cars, and trying to apply skating to it in some bank/ditch action, flootplants, lipslides, etc...

I did ride in a pool once.. This one, the Egg Bowl

[​IMG]

Wasn't into the whole "non-ability to bail" thing... Going over the bars in a pool can mean eating thru a straw for awhile.. :doah:

7. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

heh i used to ride bmx, and it was only 6 years ago, and you wont catch me on one again LOL... liked to nearly killed myself once downhill on pavement... 15 years old, landed face first and broke the wires between every tooth for my braces... that was on my mongoose...
    had a gt flatlander with gyros etc... good ol days...

good luck with getting back to it, let us know how that works out LOL braver man than I...

8. burban89'sgirl

burban89'sgirl 1/2 ton status

not bad looking!

9. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Nice. I am building a Mtn. bike now so I can start riding with the kids much more. The frame is stripped and primed right now, but hopefully I can get some paint on it soon.

10. rdn2blazer

cool! thats actually what I want to have is a MTB, the one I want is bout 3000 grand or there abouts. I want the "IRON HORSE MKIII TEAM" model. I would like actually their next model up but man thats even more money. soon I will buy the IH MTB, just have to save my pennies for a while.

I rode a GT full suspension mtb for a few years back in 96' had about 2500 into that bike. the bike was 1500 and I put a grand into it.

11. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

:haha: You'll look as funny as i did at 25 riding skateboard, to work!

12. rdn2blazer

no way man, I still got the flow..........kinda :D :haha: :haha:

just got to get used to it again. hitting the driveway ends like a jump like I did when I was a kid launching into the street :rolleyes: :whistle: :screwy: :yikes:, I know I should not be showing my boy that practice but ofcourse I told him he cant because its dangerous, but I can because Im an adult :D . I am wearing my elbow/fore arm guards from my dirt bike riding gear and my shin/knee guards too. my boy has guards and a helmet too.

its 10:30 sunday, we have had 2 good rides around the block so far and playing around in my alley. Im tired allready but ofcourse my boy is rarring to go. Im ready for a nap :doah: :D :crazy: . using muscles I have not used for many years, and they are letting me know its been a long time.

BUT!! I AM having a total blast riding with my boy! thats what this was supposed to be all about, so Im stoked.

13. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

you ever take it of any sweet jumps?

14. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

what are you building? I keep wanting to build a new bike. I am so out of shape. I am 6' and 155lbs, with ridiculously low body fat(guy who tested me said he'd never seen such a low reading), but I can't run or bike for more than 1/2 a mile without being out of breath. I really need to work on that. Use to ride 20 miles every couple days. Bought a new bike and then I turned 16, and got the first K5, haha. Now I'm too big for my Haro, just need a frame really.

15. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

pegs... swwweeet

16. sope

sope 1/2 ton status

Same thing happened to me. Rode every day. Ran some good mountain bike trails regularly. Turned 16 got a Chevelle and that was it for bikes.

17. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

thats great bro!!!!wait till you jump again.:D i'll be 42 and i still have fun with bikes when i can.i remember when my wife wanted a mountain bike. :haha: :haha: i shoulda got her a three wheeler with a basket.:rolleyes: i would race up and ram her rear tire with my front tire,or race past her to play chicken.:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: MAN she would get pissed.