Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New Banks style turbo set-up

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by 86dieselburb, Sep 24, 2006.

1. 86dieselburb

86dieselburb 1/2 ton status

2. BKinzey

BKinzey 1/2 ton status

Ya, saw that. It's a little funky though. Enlarged exhaust manifold seems nice but the turbo doesn't have a wastegate? Yet it talks about using one.

I'd hope somebody would just make a header rather than mod existing manifolds.

100% rating on the seller yet the comments are kept private? What's with that?

I'm waiting for someone to try and write a review first. Just a litle sketchy and sparse info to me.

Maybe if I knew more about turbos.....

3. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Well the way I understood it, the turbo in the pic is non waste gated but he's offering the waste gated, which still doesn't make sense , if he has the waste gated why not put a pic of it.
    Still think it's a good price but I alread have 3 and I am selling one with an engine.
    :D

4. 86dieselburb

86dieselburb 1/2 ton status

The exhaust manifold he showing is a Banks unit. I just bought one from Banks. All he is doing is taking a banks exhaust and adding a turbo and few other little pieces. The description of the kit says an internal wastegate. His price aint half bad though. The new Banks turbo exhaust manifold cost me $345, add a good used GM5 turbo for $245 and $50-100 for flanges and whatnot. His price aint that far off.

But I do agree, him not having any reviews. I'd be leary of sending that kind of $$$.