Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New Barry Grant carb

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by blazinzuk, Aug 25, 2005.

1. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Anyone try the Barry Grant truck carb? Looks like it would work pretty well.

2. Smitty

Smitty 1/2 ton status

I ran one on a small block in a 69 Camaro before I sold the car. The carb was great! They seem to flow well. The biggest problem I've seen would be the people that get too big of a carb for their application. I went from a Hollet 750 a BG 650 and the carb worked great.

3. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

I've ran a 650 Speed Demon and a 626 Road Demon. Both are great carbs. You can tell from appearances alone that the Demon carbs are much better pieces than others, esp Holley.

I believe Blazinzuk is specifically talking about the trucker carb.

[​IMG]

Barry Grant Demon Trucker carbs

If I would have know Demon was coming out with this carb I would have bought a Trucker carb instead of the Holley Truck Avenger.

And it is true the biggest mistake made with Demon carbs is to get one that is too big. Demon WET flow tests their carbs as opposed to other companies the DRY flow test their carbs. This results in a smaller CFM number that is more accurate because it takes into account the fact that in real world there will be gas flowing through the carb also. Call their tech line, they'll tell you what to get.

Sorry, I'm just a big Demon fan. :bow:

4. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Thats the one when I rebuild my engine I am going to get a new carb but now it seems that my time shedule for doing this has moved out more in the future mabey I will have enough money for FI :haha: