Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New Blazer Guy Here

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by RunTMCfan, May 6, 2006.

1. RunTMCfan

RunTMCfan Registered Member

Hey guys!

I'm Robk "RunTMCfan."

I recognize a few of you here from other places. Just joined up yesterday and paid my 25 chickens.

I try to post great threads with photos and even use punctuation at times. So I promise to be a solid contibutor to this forum. I will probably post regularly here and at the Audio section.

I own a 72' CST that is pretty decent. It needs lots of panel realignment and trim stuff cleaned up. The photo in my avatar shows it with the top off. Notice how the Non OE roll bar sits back too far. But over all it's pretty much rust free. I will post pics today or tomorrow. I also own a 74' 3/4ton 4x4 longbed with an 86'front clip. It's my weekend warrior/home depot truck.

Can't think of much else...

Oh, this is my second blazer. My first was a 70' that I never should have sold 8 years ago. I like to bass fish and take long walks on the beach (kidding on the second thing there).

That's all for now.

Blazer wtop off 005.jpg

Blazer wtop off 005.jpg

2. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    Welcome aboard the board.

Good looking old iron you have there.

3. GotLabs

GotLabs 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Welcome, and nice blazer. Any stereo mods to that jewel? If so post some pics of the interior.

4. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack 1/2 ton status

Good to see you over here - welcome!

5. RunTMCfan

Thanks for the warm welcomes!

No tunes are in it yet at all. The interior is pretty much empty other than the seats. I do have a carpet kit from JC Whitney. I'm not holding my breath on that one. I do have big plans for the system though. I have tons of new and used gear at home. All very nice stuff. I hate to tell some of you purists this, but I'm gonna be cutting into some metal in the front for my speakers. It's just metal :crazy: It can always be replaced.

6. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

Welcome aboard!!! Here's some pics of my stereo setup-nothing fancy. The boxes for the 6X9s I made out of 3/4 cabinet grade ply that I had laying around. The speakers under the dash are some home surround speakers I had laying around. Yes, the stereo is mounted in an ammo can. I can lock the lid on, and the unit ain't coming out without major tools and noise involved.:D

stereo 001.jpg

stereo 003.jpg

stereo 004.jpg

stereo 005.jpg

7. RunTMCfan

My 70' was originally that color. I wound up painting it the color you see now on my 72'. I like it so much on my 70' and did it again on this one. This paint job is pretty shotty though. It will one day get redone. For now I need to work on the essentials. You know what they say "chrome doesn't get you home."

Cool stereo pics.

8. vtblazer

vtblazer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Always good to have another K5. :thumb:

Good to see ya over here too.

9. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Welcome to CK5!

Sweeet First Gen K5! That thing is clean! :laugh: