Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NEW BLAZER GUY

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mxk419, Jun 14, 2003.

1. mxk419

mxk419 Registered Member

Hey everyone, I got my first blazer. It's a 90 4x4 w/ the 350 and a TH-700R4 tranny. I paid $750 for it but the transmission shot, it only goes to 30 mph. I'm gonna get that rebuilt ASAP. I have sooo many questions and I'm gonna do my best to look through previous posts so i don't post ?s that have already been answered. Here's my first question:

I looked under the hood and noticed the air cleaner looks alot like an air cleaner on a carbed truck. I have TBI, but can I put an air cleaner that is meant for a carb on tob of my throttle body? Thanks.

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

welcome to CK5, the webs best Full Size Chevy site-try filling out your profile so we can know more about you and your truck, and yes you can use a regular ol carb filter setup on TBI

3. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Welcome to CK5! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif And yes, yes you can.
    -Harrison

4. BayouBlazer88

BayouBlazer88 1/2 ton status

I put an Edelbrock triangular chrome air filter on mine in place of the snorkel setup and it fit fine. The only problem I had was the air cleaner bolt was too long so I just put some washers under the wingnut to make it tight. And welcome to CK5!

5. bigblock44k5

bigblock44k5 1/2 ton status

Yes you can , but i wouldnt if you plan to wheel. when it come to air cleaners, the stock ones keep out the most mud and water.

6. Blazn88

Blazn88 Registered Member

Welcome to the Blazin /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif world...I'd upgrade that air filter to a K&N filter....