Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New blazer owner! Woohoo

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Phyte, Sep 18, 2000.

1. Phyte

Phyte 1/2 ton status

Hey guys. I just traded my 1990 chevy pickup(gift) title for title for a 85 K5. I'm in love.... I have tons of mods that I will be performing in the next few years. I'll be a regular, taking in all the information that the forum gurus can dish out :)

Phyte

Edit: picture here [​IMG]

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Congrats!!!!! That looks like a really nice find!!!!!!

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com

3. 79Guy

79Guy 1/2 ton status

Sweet lookin truck!

Let me be the first to welcome you!

You wouldn't believe how much you can learn from these guys. I think some of them could build a blazer from the frame up, in the dark, with no tools. It's an awesome place. Welcome aboard.

'79 Guy
    1 Blazer - 7 Children
    http://79guy.coloradok5.com

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Is the little "putt putt" sign attached to the roof? [​IMG] j/k! Nice truck, soon you will be addicted to this site just like everyone else here.

Rene

[​IMG]

5. 82K5

82K5 1/2 ton status

Congrats on your great looking K5. I hope you have a couple grand stashed away to fix all the crap that will be going south on you in the next 6 months. HeHe.

Nice find.

Phil
    82K5

6. Phyte

Phyte 1/2 ton status

Hey thanks guys/gals.. I had been posting on another message board for a few days and it sucked :) Glad I found this one.

7. sosamantx

sosamantx 1/2 ton status

8. Phyte

Phyte 1/2 ton status

haha.. holy crap man.. I live up on North I-35 in Austin. I work out on the 360 loop for a technology company! Wow what a small world. I got it at Lindsey motors over on Lamar. Jim Lindsey is a wonderful guy, and he treated me right.

weird

Phyte

9. Peeetah

Peeetah Registered Member

Woohoo

Is that picture from 1985?? Thats a clean truck, should be lots of fun in the future. Welcome.

Peeetah
    81 Jimmy

10. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

I was going to buy that truck...lol I saw it on Burnet Road.. It's very nice.. congrats.. I'm holding out for my friends Jimmy... he's selling it come February..
    So good to see more austin-ites on here.. maybe we should all meet sometime...

It's better to have it and not need it. Than to need it and not have it !

11. Phyte

Phyte 1/2 ton status

Cool, there must be a lot of people here from austin.. Actually that picture does a good job of hiding the blimishes. The paint is original, but someone decided to paint the top red to match(yuck). I will painting that black(rhinoline it??) when I get a chance. Also they custom ordered the interior(maroon) which IMHO is discusting.. I will be going with gray leather I think. I already have a fresh 300hp 350 sitting in my dads shop up in Kansas. The truck has 102,000 miles on it with a fresh(300 miles on it) 700R4 with a 1 year 12,000 mile warranty. The tires are brand new and have about 500 miles on them. Also most of the A/C componants are new, so it blows cold air like a champ.

I'm up for meeting you guys for dinner/beer? some night. I live on the northside but can travel to just about anywhere. My wife and I are expecting our first baby(another Woohoo!) _any_second_now so I have my cell phone handy. Are you guys familiar with the Hula Hut on Lake Austin? Maybe sometime here soon we could all meet for a beer. let me know.. phyte@bemail.org

Phyte

12. sosamantx

sosamantx 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>I am not sure where that is at, but I am sure willing to meet and have a beer or two. Fyi, I live in North Austin myself, off of Braker. Also "Texan" and "BlazerGuy" live in and around the Austin area as well. No beers for BlazerGuy though, I have read his profile. LOL - Steve</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>NO OFFENSE!!</font color=red>

<font color=blue>Steve Sosa a.k.a. "sosaman"</font color=blue>
    http://sosaman.home.texas.net/carpics.html

13. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Lol.. haven't seen Blazerguy here in awhile.. must be busy w/ school. I'm up for meeting.. Just sent the newbie blazer owner a email.. I think it would be great to get the austin and surrounding area folks together... like one big family.. :) hope to meet all you guys soon.

14. White Knight

White Knight 1/2 ton status

Hey and if you come North to Cowtown, theres a few of us up here also...btw very nice truck[​IMG]..be a shame to get it scratched[​IMG]...but after the first one hey you stop counting[​IMG]<font color=red> WELCOME TO CK5 </font color=red>

<font color=blue>White Knight</font color=blue>

15. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Scratches and dent's build character on a truck. Every one tells a story... Cheri and I should be headed up towards Dallas to visit our friend up there. Maybe we could hook up.

16. Phyte

Phyte 1/2 ton status

Believe me it has plenty of scratches on it already ;) I'm up for a meeting anytime guys.. I'm pretty free just about every night. If we are all up north we could just all meet somewhere up north then hit the bars/restaruants/movie/barbeque(mmm)/whatever.. or we could just all meet somewhere, no matter. As soon as my new house is done getting built I will through a kickin BBQ to break the house in :)(about 10 months left)

Is there any 4x4 clubs around Austin? I've looked on the web and can't find any clubs or trails.

Phyte

17. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

All the clubs around here are J#@P clubs. So we need to change all that.. Round Rock has it's weekly car/truck show at the Antique mall every Saturday night.. we could meet there sometime.. When my Blazer is done..lol or even before. I don't expect my Blazer to be on the road before Xmas.. I'm driving home to NJ to visit my folks.. so have to save the dough. Let's organize something soon.. and maybe discuss getting a local Blazer club going.

18. 79Guy

79Guy 1/2 ton status

Wow. I want to move to Austin. Sounds like there are blazers everywhere!

'79 Guy
    1 Blazer - 7 Children
    http://79guy.coloradok5.com

19. sosamantx

sosamantx 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>Well I guess if we do meet anytime soon that I will be the only one that is Blazer-less, as mine is not in running condition right now, oh wait, I guess Rocko is in the same boat as me. LOL Fyi my e-mail address is in my profile. - Steve</font color=blue>
    http://www.sosamantx.coloradok5.com

<font color=blue>Steve Sosa a.k.a. "sosaman"</font color=blue>
    http://sosaman.home.texas.net/carpics.html

20. CAPTAINK5-CT

CAPTAINK5-CT 1/2 ton status

Beautiful truck. Congrats. I was stationed in TX back in 77-78 (FT Hood). I loved the state and the way you all are so up on being Texans.