Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New blazer owner

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by EDGE, Sep 9, 2000.

1. EDGE

EDGE Registered Member

I just got an 86 K5 full size blazer.4x4,no rust,everything works good.Paid 2000 for it.I'm just not sure if it has the 305 or the 350.The guy that I bought it from said that he had the motor replaced with a new one some time ago.The owners manual and vin # say that it has a 5.0l v-8.Is that a 305 or a 350.Plus how can I tell what tranny and transfer case I have? I am really stoked and I also need some good sources for door panels and seats and a dash.Thanks.

2. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

a 5.0 is a 305ci engine. A good source for parts for your truck is www.classicindustries.com or www.lmctruck.com
    They will have everything you're looking for. Oh yeah.. Congrats on your new purchase.
    Good luck and check out these sites.. they're awesome.

It's better to have it than to not need it, then to need it and not have it. !!!

3. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

4. S10-4x4

S10-4x4 1/2 ton status

Congrats Edge...I am in the same boat you are somewhat. I just bought my K5 too!!!! YEA!!!!

S10-4x4

J**P...Its what's for dinner
    http://s10-4x4.coloradok5.com

5. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

If it has'nt been swapped you should have the NP 208/700R4 combo. If you crawl under the truck there is an I.D. tag on the back of the transfer case. It has the model number stamped on it.

My VIN says my truck has the 5.0 Liter as well. Not! I had the pan off to change the rear main seal and lo and behold 4 bolt main caps and a measured bore of 4.00". I guess someone swapped in a 350 (5.7 Liter) 4 bolt main engine. [​IMG] so you might have to run the numbers on the block to be certain. Do a search on this site it was just brought up recently.

By the way congratulations on buying the all time best kick-a$$ 4x4 ever built!![​IMG]

Rene

[​IMG]

6. 6.2 man

6.2 man 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Welcome aboard !!! You've come to the right place .This is one great place to get all kinds of help and experiance from all of us .