Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New Blazer (sort of)

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by CAPTAINK5-CT, Sep 11, 2000.

1. CAPTAINK5-CT

CAPTAINK5-CT 1/2 ton status

I know I shouldn't gloat, but here goes. I was just given an 86 K5 Siverado. The inlaws let me have it. Mom inlaw kept saying how bad the thing is, all I see is potential.. It needs a little body work due to rust, but other than that I love it. Question: Anyone use JC Whitney body parts? Also, my truck just failed inspection due to the frame/cross member tail gate mount. How hard is this to replace? Just from reading the posts here I can see this is a great site with a wealth of information.
    JC

2. Jason73K5

Jason73K5 1/2 ton status

I've used JC Whitney Rocker panels and they seem to be high quality and fit well.

3. mudfanatic

mudfanatic 1/2 ton status

Welcome, it'll be nice to have a police officer on board to bounce a few ideas off of from time to time.
    www.yearone.com
    www.longmotor.com ??? I think- or LMC.com
    paddockparts.com
    these companies all have great catalogs for chevy's and they all have just a bit different selection.
    Dan

<font color=red>get involved with land issues or lose the land</font color=red>

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Hey you got yourself a profile!! Welcome![​IMG] If you can't find the answer here you won't find it anywhere. These guys are the best!!
    That area of the truck is kind of a bi$%* to fix because the fuel tank is right there. So you would probably have to drop the tank to do your repairs. Welding and gas don't mix very well [​IMG].
    I have'nt had the oppotunity to use JC whitney yet but I've heard their stuff is pretty good.

Rene

[​IMG]