Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New Build - pics - Updated - New, More Pics

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mouse, Apr 23, 2004.

1. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

After planning this build for almost a year, it is about 3/4 done (front is done). I have about a week of work on and off to get it to where its at. First off I started by swapping the axles off of my 3/4 ton pickup to the blazer and vice versa - major pain. Its like doing two lifts at once! As of tonight, the pickup is riding on a 1/2 ton front and 14 bolt rear. The blazer has 4" TC springs on up front with ORD shackles, and braided brake lines. I finally got everything done with the front and now I'm going to swap the rear axles and add the lift to the rear of the Blazer. Then it will be a wait to get it aligned...My new tire carrier rear bumper is supposed to be shipped Tuesday.....Oh yeah, the running boards are gone. Anyone need some??? I'll update with more pics later.

[​IMG]

/forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

2. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

Re: New Build - pics

sounds good /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif keep the pictures rolling in /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. Moose

Moose 1/2 ton status

Looks great! I wish I had a garage that big. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

4. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    Looks great! I wish I had a garage that big. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    I wish I had a garage! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif Err..at least one not full of lawn mowers and ATV's. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

5. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Looks good /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

6. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

Ok, heres everything about the truck.
    1977 Blazer, 350/350/203 (part time kit), 83,000 original miles. Edelbrock 650 carb and performer intake, accel distributor, stock HEI coil. 2 1/2 inch exhaust through stock manifolds.
    Updated the interior with new carpet, 1995 Yukon seats, new trim pieces, etc (via LMC). New rear folding seat from a nissan truck - fits perfectly and almost the right color.

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

New additions: 4" TC lift all spring (HD front), TC shocks, ORD greaseable shackles, zero rate springs in the rear, all new steering linkages (draglink and TREs) and braided steel brake lines - alot of work!! 3/4 ton D44 up front, 14 bolt in the rear - 4.10 gears. 315/75R16 Procomp MTs.
    The truck drives nice, and has plenty of power. The old gears have to be something like 308's...It can just squeak the tires when hitting the gas hard. The 350 will be rebuilt next year.

I started trimming the front fenders, but I want to wait to get ahold of a plasma cutter to do a nice job. The air cutoff tool is not very accurate. Any suggestions? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

I can't wait to get it aligned and a new exhaust (should be this week) then I can take it off road. The rear tire carrier bumper should be here next week too!!! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

7. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

What size are those tires in inches /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

35" x 12.5"

9. marine_enlisted

marine_enlisted 1/2 ton status

I started trimming the front fenders, but I want to wait to get ahold of a plasma cutter to do a nice job. The air cutoff tool is not very accurate. Any suggestions? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Sawzall! /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif

10. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

Exhaust and alignment done. Now I need to trim /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif

Oh yeah, and hook up the parking brake, somehow.... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

11. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

Trimming done and one day too late. I cut the passenger front tire slightly dodging a car in a parking lot and going over a curb. I finished trimming and now nothing hits. I have to figure out how to fill in the gaps and do some touch up painting.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The last pic you can see a bit of the new exhaust. Its 2 1/2 inch from end to end with turbo mufflers. Sounds great, I wanted a little quieter, but man this has a growl now!

Works great!!

/forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

12. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

That looks awesome! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif