Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New bumper offering from 4x4 Iron

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Butch, Mar 14, 2004.

1. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

We have come up with a new design for a front bumper. After having some requests for a front to match the two rear bumpers we have a prototype of one that we feel compliments them both. What do you guys think?

I am better with steel than computers, so see the pics below.

Thanks Brandon

2. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

3. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

So long as the bumper doesn't guarantee me super slick tires when installed, I like it. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Serisouly though, its sharp. I think it will compliment the rear bumper very nicely. Looks EXTREMLY beefy. Will/is there wrap around/side protection available similar to the rear? Also, can it be tucked in a little more for a better approach angle? I really like the receiver that is integrated in! Sharp bumper!

Kris

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

sweet /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

How much????

6. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

That is exactly what I've been looking for to go with the rear bumper I will be ordering from 4x4Iron. The only thing I would like better would be an angled piece on the lower part ala the SEC bumper. Are you planning on doing some kind of brush guard for the lights or some protection for the winch? Looks great.

7. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

I like it....Anything with a ledge for me to stand on is a good idea in my book....

I can work 'under' my truck easier than the motor stuff /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

8. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Very nice, how much $$$. Is this a one fits all type or is it year specific?

9. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Looks great Tim. You really do some good work.
    I like my bumper you made more though /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

10. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

that's [darn] schweet!!! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

11. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

It looks just like the one 55willy is building me with a few minor differences.

Mine is going to have diamond plate on the top. If someone as short as me needs somewhere to stand, slipping and falling isn't exactly a good idea.

Incorporate some wraparound protection, turn signals, and lights, and you've got my front bumper.

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Good job, glad to see something that ISN'T made from tube for a change.

12. alec78

alec78 1/2 ton status

SWEET!!!!!

13. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

This is just a first run at the bumper. We will make a few changes to it. Tucking it up more and being able to have a winch in it will be at odds with one another. If we delete the receiver hook up then we could get some better angles.

It will have a brush guard attachment available, just have not finished the design on it yet.

Wrap around is a possibility, and could be done on a case by case basis.

As for the angled piece not 100% sure of what you are refering too, but I have an idea and to go that route you would give up the receiver in order to achieve the angle. Unless you want to move a trailer around with it the receiver is not necessary anyway, the shackle lugs give a good attachment point.

14. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

Hey Tim the bumper looks real good. I may get you to put one on Mama's 66 Bronco. I like the low profile non-cattle guard look. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif.
    PS get to work on your damm junk (buggy) /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

15. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

How Much, Put me down for one! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

hmmm....how about an option bumper with no "winch" accomodations(not as wide) thereby helping those concerned with approach angles? Of course I have no $$ right now so it really does not matter /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

17. nicotine

nicotine 1/2 ton status

that bumper looks like the one i just built about 2 weeks ago besides the inset lights. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif might have some pics later but it is off to get powder coated /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

18. Wingnutt

Wingnutt 1/2 ton status

Way cool! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif Now for the questions, weight? Cost? ect. I would dearly love to have a matched set on mine, but it's gonna have to wait a while until I can scrape up a few $$$$.

19. k5kev

k5kev Registered Member

Awesome, I'm one of the guys that made a request. Available for a 1st gen. blazer??? and accept a Warn 8274??? If so, then sign me up. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

20. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

[ QUOTE ]
    As for the angled piece not 100% sure of what you are refering too

[/ QUOTE ]

This is along the lines of what I was thinking. I photohacked the SEC bumper and put an upper tube setup on it:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looking at the way you angled the sides though, I'm not sure that you could do the angled lower part like the SEC bumper. I can live without the angled part, I just like the way the SEC bumper looked. But I'd rather buy my front from 4x4Iron at the same time I order my 4x4Iron rear bumper.