Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

new bushings and still crooked shackle?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by scottsdalerob, Aug 20, 2005.

1. scottsdalerob

scottsdalerob Registered Member

on my chev one ton ive replaced all the bushings. i run a 12 inch front spring and have the custom shackles for the rear of the fronts, real nice , however i noticed my driver side shackle is still tilted in a hair and cant figure it out. is it that my springs dont quite fit or is it normal. i have crossover sreering and the pass. side sits perfect , no tilt. does every chevy have this ghost problem . im sure it isnt much to worry about but was just curious as to the reason it does this any info would be great-rob

2. eripley

eripley 1/2 ton status

I am experiencing the same issue or one very similar where my driver side rear spring is bolted to the front rear shackle and pinned to my axle but the rear is off about 1" from bolting up to the rear shackle. This is on my drivers side rear spring. So I am having a very difficult time mounting the rear shackle. When I get the bolt through it the shackle is leaning at a pretty decent angle. This has only happened since I swapped in the rear 63" springs. Can anyone help us?

3. perp

perp 1/2 ton status

springs aren't backwards (one of them) are they? i had that happen before on 4" lift 52"s, eye to pin is off by about one inch when you measure in both directions

4. eripley

eripley 1/2 ton status

Good question. I'll check. I thought 64" springs the pin was in exact center. But once again I'll check!

5. eripley

eripley 1/2 ton status

Nope...its the same. I think my center pin hole is off. Thanks for your help anyways. Im going to try making the center pin hole a tad bigger.