Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New Buyer/Seller feedback forum added.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by CK5, Jul 28, 2004.

1. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

2. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

past and present deals?

3. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

So can we post up and let people leave feedback about us as replies? Kind of a running tally or a case by case thing.

4. CK5

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Let's keep it as a case by case thing for now.

5. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

Awesome! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I will post my list of good dealings later.

6. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

How will I find feedback about a seller? Will it be in one place or many places?

7. CK5

It will be in one place, the new forum. Nothing there at the moment because the forum is only 5 min old. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

8. CK5

OK, just added a link to the seller feedback forum at the top of the parts for sale and parts wanted forums. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. CK5

You know, if I was going to buy something I might make a "Has anyone bought anything from (insert username) before" post in the seller feedback forum to see if anyone has feedback before a purchase. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

10. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Let's keep it as a case by case thing for now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it should be one thread per buyer/seller. Just find the username in question and have all the feedback in one place. If it's case by case then soon there so many pages to search through it will be hard to find info on someone. You even stand the chance of missing some feedback if you don't search thuroughly. Just my $.02 /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

11. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Along the same lines, I would prefer people not put multiple buyers and sellers in the same thread since they would be harder to find than if their names were in the post titles. I'd say one thread for each member, then if the member you want to leave feedback about is already listed, add a reply to that post.

12. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Let's keep it as a case by case thing for now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it should be one thread per buyer/seller. Just find the username in question and have all the feedback in one place. If it's case by case then soon there so many pages to search through it will be hard to find info on someone. You even stand the chance of missing some feedback if you don't search thuroughly. Just my $.02 /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

Along the same lines, I would prefer people not put multiple buyers and sellers in the same thread since they would be harder to find than if their names were in the post titles. I'd say one thread for each member, then if the member you want to leave feedback about is already listed, add a reply to that post.

[/ QUOTE ]
    i agree with both of these posts /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. CK5

The only real way to do that would be to set up the forum so that Members could only reply to existing user names, that way we wouldn't have multiple posts about the same user. I really don't want this to turn into a ton of work... /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

14. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Well I guess having multiple posts about the same user would be OK, as long as their names are in the title. What I really would prefer not to happen is threads where someone lists all the people they have done business with in one post. Those types of posts are useless unless you search through the contents of all of them. You could technically do a CK5 search for that username in the forum, but it would be much quicker to be able to just do a page search with your browser. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif