Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New cage is in the 1st Gen

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MJF, Apr 7, 2003.

1. MJF

MJF 1/2 ton status

I'm too lazy to post the pics in my own album so I'm gonna try to link them from Greg72's album.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can see the full size shots Here

I really like the cage. I especially like the seat mount. Now I sit up nice & high. I can reach the pedals & see over the hood.

Greg really went the extra mile in building this cage. It's exactly what I wanted & he even added a few things that I asked for that required him to spend extra time & effort.

2. MJF

MJF 1/2 ton status

Well I had to add one full size shot.

[​IMG]

3. MJF

MJF 1/2 ton status

One more & then I'm done, I promise. Yhis is one of my favorite parts about the cage(other then it's gonna save my life in a rollover).
    And yes I know I need to work on the floorboard rust.
    [​IMG]

4. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Wow! Very cool! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

Very nice cage, what are the seats out of? does the pass side provide plenty of room to get in the back? also can you put the top back on, the a piller piece looks TIGHT. nice work though on all of it.

6. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

very nice...i'm next ...

7. MJF

MJF 1/2 ton status

The seats are out of an Integra. They're not my ideal seats, but they'll do for a year or so. They do sit pretty comfortable though. I haven't tried the pass seat, but it flips forward & there's plenty of room to slide it forward so it should work.

If I have my way, there won't be a back seat anyway. My wife wants a back seat, but I'm fighting to keep it my truck & eventually get it set up for some real wheelin.

The main hoop extends out a little far to fit the top back on. I never planned to put the top back on so I get the advantage of having a little extra head room. I plan to go with a soft top, but didn't have the foresight to go & look at one to see if it'll fit. It should fit as long as there isn't a brace that runs along that area.

8. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

Yup, Greag does great work!

nice cage, alot of it looks familiar /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

9. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

MJF- Totally Kick @$$ Man! That is awsome!
    How's the love/hate relationship going with the truck now.... a little more on the love side now that you got some awsome stuff accomplished!? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

Greg72- More quality fab work! Excellent job, again!
    I'll be coming up to see you sometime in the next few weeks to bend a few tubes for me. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. MJF

MJF 1/2 ton status

When I picked up the truck, I was in heaven. I loved it. I think Greg had even tightened down my header bolts to quiet the exhaust leak. I drove around for a few hours & really enjoyed it.

Then I drove it to work Monday & it started running crappy again. I parked it & put a tarp on it for the rain this weekend. I really need to get the engine rebuilt, get an MSD box & dist, & hopefully I can try to get fuel injection some time soon.

So for right now, if I just sit in it & make Vrooom, vrooom sounds, I love it. AS soon as I start it, I hate it. But then if I get it on the freeway, it runs perfect so I guess I'm just confused.

11. 72Blazerod

72Blazerod 1/2 ton status

Hey, can you open your glove box with your cage? Do you have the cage tied into the frame? If you did have the cage tied to the frame do you think you could get rid of the rocker boxes? Just wondering because my buddy just bent up his own cage for his '66 Bronco and if I could get rid of the rocker boxes, I would be a happy camper.

Rod /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

12. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

That looks very nice. My first K5 was a 72. I always wanted a cage, but never got around to putting one in it. I do plan on going soft top. I wonder how well a gage would go in a 76 K5. ???