Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New caliper brackets

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dontoe, Jul 11, 2005.

1. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Well, it's taken 6 months to get everything together, but I have everything but the hoses. Took the longest to get the 12b brackets, they were supposed to be included in a kit I bought. Finally got some from the fine fellars at Black Widow!!! [​IMG]

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

*sigh*, after seeing more then a few Dynatrac brackets(which also use only three holes) ripped off of axles over on Pirate, I'd wonder about those.

I guess with a 12 bolt you won't be running as big a tire setup as those gusy likely were though.

3. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I didn't include the reinforcement brackets on the photo. They should help.

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

5. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Yes, there has been that problem with the 4 hole design on some manufacturers parts. The brackets are designed to be either bolt on or weld on. There are lots of people that cannot weld or do not have access to a welder. That is what they are the way they are. There are several rigs out there with our system on that have had no issues. We include a spacer that is used for the bolt on application. I will say that the strongest way to install them is to bolt them on (so they are square), and then weld them on. Bolted/welded on is pretty dang strong. Pretty much bullet proof then. :waytogo:

6. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Yes, there has been that issue with some manufacturers parts. We include a spacer that put the bracket in the correct position for our rotors. They are designed to be a bolt on kit for those that do not have access to a welder. I will say that the absolute strongest way to mount them is to bolt everything up (so it is square) and then weld it all up. Welded/bolted is pretty dang strong. Pretty much bullet proof then. As a side note, I have ran those brackets with up to 38" tires w/ no issues at all. Those that know me know I am not nice to my truck. if anyone was going to break them. It would have been me :D