Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New cam break in?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stallion85, Jan 28, 2004.

1. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

I just recently rebuilt my 350. I put in a Crane truck power cam and lifter kit. I have about 400 miles on it since the rebuild. My question is would it be a good idea to change the oil this weekend? It will probably be changed anyways, just wondering if it is really necessary. By the way the cam is awesome. Tons of power. I could probably pull a house down with my truck now /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

On another note I decided on buying a steering box brace kit, swaybar disconnect, and 1" add a leafs instead of headers. What do you guys think? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

then buy headers next.. my hedman long tubes were like 190 i think.. black painted long tubes..

i would change it, are you running synthetic?

3. stallion85

I am using quaker state 10-30W /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif
    You would recommend more engine mods over off road capability mods? I figured the engine is good enough now, I will take headers into consideration again though /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

4. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

no definately not, but im just saying you could buy the headers later, i have bought mine, but they arent installed yet.. i will be buying a brace kit, or building my own before i get any serious mods..

5. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

If it was a complet bottom end rebuild I would definantly change the oil. I was told to change the oil and filter after the first 100 miles. There is a lot of dust, dirt, and metal floating around in that oil.

6. stallion85

Cool, sounds like I will be doing an oil change this weekend. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif