Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

new carb. which one?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 4x4k20, Feb 22, 2003.

1. 4x4k20

4x4k20 1/2 ton status

my old quadrajet has been acting up lately.. it:s time for a new one. i bought a new edelrock 600 last year but it wasnt any better than the q-jet so i know i dont want another one. i am looking at the jet performance 800 cfm q-jet carb. and the holley truck avenger carb. it sounds like a good one but i would like to hear your suggestions. i was thinking about going to fuel injection [cpi]but that would run too much so i am looking for a new carb. and need help decideing which one

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

If your Q-jet has worked for you, can't you just rebuild it ???

3. 4x4k20

4x4k20 1/2 ton status

i have built it twice. the biggest problem i have had with it is the fuel will leak out of it after it sits for a day or so.. i tryed the expoxy both times and it still leaks. and i just dont think it is big enough to power my k20-30 with the 383 that i am running it runs good at part throttle but at wot it acts like it starves for fuel

4. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

i love my 1406. you just hafta have it tuned right. screw the idle set screws in until they stop. then unscrew them 2 complete turns. then go from there. that is usually the richest setting. just screw one in until it starts to die then unscrew it. then do the same with the other and there ya go for the idle. then use a vacum gauge for the part throttle and WOT calibration.

NITRO

5. 4x4k20

4x4k20 1/2 ton status

the 1406 did do pretty good but it wasnt any good if you had a rough riding truck like mine i installed the off road needle and seat kit and it still would stumble when you hit something as small as a possum on a flat road thats why i went back to the q-jet

6. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Have you looked at the Qjets rebuilt by Jet Performance. If I need another carb between now and fuel injection I am getting one of those. They should be on www.Jegs.com somewhere under fuel system. They are cheaper the the Edelbrock Qjets too.

7. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

...or check out Jet Performance here /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. 4x4k20

4x4k20 1/2 ton status

the jet performance stage 2 is what i have checked on. but i would like to hear from someone who already runs one or the holley truck advenger.. also i am looking at the edelbrock q-jet also

9. slider

slider 1/2 ton status

I have a jet stage 2 carb and love it. It is so smooth on acceleration that it actually feels like fuel injection. My buddy also has a new holley truck carb. Its nice but it is a typical holley. We had to adjust a bunch of stuff to get it better. The jet carb was just a bolt on and adj. the idle and fuel air screws. I have had it for two years and would get another one. You can send your old Q jet in to jet and they will use that one and it will be about 100.00 less

10. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

PM'ed you.