Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New Carburetor?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Erik Aalto, Feb 15, 2002.

1. Erik Aalto

Erik Aalto Registered Member

Would a new carburetor improve performance over my current Rochester Quadrajet? and does anyone know where I could purchase a new hood? towards the mid-section of the hood on the far left side, a split in the metal is expanding such that the hood tends to bend up almost in the middle, and looks like it billows up when speed/wind is combined while driving.... is it worth buying a new hood entirely, or shoudl I try to fix that? (1979 k5 blazer 350 v8 2wd (rules) )

2. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

First of all, brother, fill out your profile so the reat of us know your location- one of us might live right around the corner!!!![​IMG]

How many miles are on your carb? When's the last time you did a full tune-up on your rig? Your carburetor is only a part of the "performance chain". Your carb may not be the source of your performance issues..... Make sure the rest of the system is up to snuff- cap and rotor, wires, spark plugs, air and fuel filters, timing, well, I think you get the picture.[​IMG]

<font color=red>DIGGING AND DIGGING AND DIGGING</font color=red>

3. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

I would first look for a new hood in a junkyard. www.longmotor.com carry hoods.

The secret for not bending the hood is keeping the hinges well lubricated. If they are too hard, the hood starts bending everytime you close it.

<font color=purple>//////
    <a target="_blank" href=http://blazer79.freeyellow.com>blazer79.freeyellow.com</a></font color=purple><font color=black>
    Soon a 454 K5!!</font color=black>
    [​IMG]

4. dragricinMT

dragricinMT 1/2 ton status

Another option you might check into for the hood is braces. LMC sells the brace to fix the hood buckle common on chevys or build your own brace. Fixed my problem till I buy the cowl hood I want.
    JR

78-K5 4"Lift 35"Tires 400SB TH350 NP205
    73 Vega 350SB TH350

5. Erik Aalto

Erik Aalto Registered Member

I would make one if I knew how :)

6. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Go to "Control Panel" and click on "edit" beside personal information. This is your profile info and let's us get to know who and where you are......[​IMG]

<font color=red>DIGGING AND DIGGING AND DIGGING</font color=red>

7. Greenblazer-AZ

Greenblazer-AZ 1/2 ton status

Simply click the "control panel" and then click edit for the three different catagories and fill out as much as you can. To read someone elses profile click their name on the left next to their post.

If you knew the truth, you too would be against marijuana prohibition!
    Blue '74Blazer Topless W/ 35 BFG Muds1" Body Lift W/ Energy Susp. Bushings<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by Greenblazer-AZ on 02/16/02 09:49 PM.</FONT></P>