Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

new carpet...should i use glue or just put it in...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Bone85K5, Apr 7, 2001.

1. Bone85K5

Bone85K5 1/2 ton status

I know this is a real simple question, just wondering if I should use the spray adhesive to installl my new carpet kit.

Ben
    www.BenjaminBone.coloradoK5.com

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Are you going to play hard with the truck or just drive it on the street all the time? If you are going to get down and dirty, just lay the rug in there so you can take it out to clean up everything later. Dont glue anything.
    If you are just a street cruiser, then glue it down because it wont get as dirty as the off roaders do.

3. Bigmeats

Bigmeats 1/2 ton status

I would not glue it in. The carpet in my truck was glued in and it was a pain in the butt to take out to replace! You never know when it might get wet and you need to take it out to dry it. I am planning on using some double face tape in some spots just to hold it in place. Thats if i even put it in at all!
    hope that helps!

Bigmeats

[​IMG]

4. Bone85K5

Bone85K5 1/2 ton status

5. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

The carpet is actually held in place by all the hardware around it. Like the seats and the metal pieces ot the edge of the door. I put mine in about 2 years ago with no adhesive anywhere. I also brought it back up a few times since then as I added accesories to the truck (stereo,speakers,amps,cb,switches) you'll regret it later when you want to add any of these. I'm actually going to pull it up again this spring to change my body mounts. Justmy .02

<font color=blue>Esteban</font color=blue>

<font color=red>SEMPER FI TO MY BLAZER

6. kwcdawgfan

kwcdawgfan Registered Member

If you end up with a spot that want lay down instead of using glue try and use velcro... that way you can still take it out if you have to

7. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

The only part I glued down was the wheelwell's in the cargo area..the rest just sit's there. I like the velcro idea,might have to try that!

[​IMG]<A target="_blank" HREF=http://community.webshots.com/user/vwryda>http://community.webshots.com/user/vwryda</A>

8. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I just put my carpet back in, after it hung over a door for a month...it looks a little wierd in places, but it'll go back to normal. Any new carpet will do this too. dont use glue, you'll regret it.

90K5

See my truck at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502>http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502</A>

9. nyyef

nyyef 1/2 ton status

i didnt glue it and never had any problems.

Knife.
    knife.coloradok5.com