Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

new carpet?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bryguy00b, Oct 15, 2002.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

would it be ok to put in new carpet, after i painted the underside of the new floor with some kind of rust paint, and bed linered the top side? i love having carpet in my truck over bare floors or a rubber mat, so i was just wondering, but if it will just cause it to rust again i can live with out it! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Carpeting will trap water, and make it much more prone to rusting out. If you use POR-15 on it first you'll probably be OK though. </font color>

3. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

do you mean por-15 under the rhino liner?

4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Why Rhino line if you're going to put carpet in? Just do the POR-15. </font color>

5. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

i dunno i thought it would protect it more or something..what im thinking of doing like i saw on one hear..is kind of make it like a pickup..this guy welded a big wall into the part between the cab and cargo area..kinda making it into a bed..he had the carpet and everything in the drivers cab..then the cargo area was like a pickup bed..was pretty cool..i might do something like that..but cover it with carpet..only thing is it made it into a two seater and that wouldnt work for me, so maybe for get that idea, i dunno just a thought.

6. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

I will doing the same thing as you this year. I am going to POR everything from the dash to the tialgate (doors too) and then have the whole inside of the tub lined from the firewall to the tailgate including the sides of the bed and the bottom half of the doors. I will be putting carpet and heat/sound insulation over that. In bewteen the carpet and pad,I am going to put some thick plastic so that if anything get spilled, or if the carpet gets wet, that will be as far as it goes. The floor will look thick, but it'll be water proof, comfy, and QUIET! All the better to hear the tunes! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

7. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

cool sounds like a good plane to me! hmm plastic..thats a pretty good idea..