Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New CAT and muffler for the 91 Suburban!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by tch777, Nov 9, 2004.

1. tch777

tch777 1/2 ton status

I just had a 3 inch Magnaflow (Carsound) high flow cat and a 3 inch Hooker Headers Aero Max muffler installed with a new 3 inch tail pipe.

Holy crap this sounds sweet.
    A really smooth deep mellow tone. It barks really good if you put your foot into it! But it stays pretty mellow if you are easy on the throttle.

The old CAT must have been plugged cause the /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif feels like we added about 40 HP to it!

I was really going around on the muffler, Flowmaster, Magnaflow, Hooker, Flowtech. I listened to sound bytes on the web for hours. And finally I thought the hooker sounded better so I saved about 30 bucks over the Flowmaster and ordered itfrom Summit. I am really happy I did. Haven't taken a long trip with it yet on the highway so I don't know how it will sound there but I think it will be good.

Sorry for the long post but I wanted to get the info out in case some one else was on the fence.

Tim

2. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

I could have saved you even more /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

But congrats on the new exhaust!

3. dleroy43

dleroy43 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

are you running duals with two cats or a Y pipe to full lenth headers /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif? Iam finding differnt options for my burb /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

4. tch777

tch777 1/2 ton status

I am just using the factory cast iron exhaust manifold thru the factory y pipe into a single 3 inch pipe to the Cat and Muffler then single 3 inch out the back.

I was really looking at headers but I don't want to deal with clearing the shackles and messing with the A/C mounting either. Plus if you don't drop big Bucks for coated headers you get a bunch of extra heat in the engine compartment you have to deal with.

Tim

5. tch777

tch777 1/2 ton status

Dude I bought my CAT from you, but you did not have Hooker products on your web site.
    /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
    Tim

6. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Haha.. ok. I forgive you then. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I now have the Hooker products available to order, not online yet but over the phone.

7. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan 1/2 ton status

My sub has the flowmaster cat-back exhaust system, I really like it. 3" mandrel bent tailpipe with hangers in stock locations. Running Edelbrock TES headers, custom crossover to stock converter location, no interference problems.