Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New Chevy K5 Revealed

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Wheels, Mar 24, 2001.

1. Wheels

Wheels 1/2 ton status

Did a quick search and looks like no one caught this. In the May 2001 issue of Four Wheeler mag, page 122, number seven (top left hand corner) is a picture of the all new K5. Four doors (two opening standard, two shortened version that swing 180 from the front). Six foot bed, 6.0 liter with get this, 440 hp with 450 ft lb torque. And wouldn't you know it, just bought a new 2001 Z71. Looks like the wife will have to trade her Tahoe in on this one for me. She can drive the Camaro...lol. Anyways, the long well kept secret is out. Check it out.

2. Hathaway

Hathaway 1/2 ton status

If I recall, it has the removable hard top in the rear just like real K5's doesn't it? Looked like a nice rig to me. If only they do a solid front axle instead of IFS.....

Dan, '86 K5, 5.0L v8, NP208, TH700R4, open 10bolts front and rear, 3.43gearing, K&N filter, 31x10.50R15 Trailhandlers

3. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

There was a post not that long ago about it. I think most people didn't think it should have the K5 name put onto it however? I personally didn't like it at all...but that is my opinion....

"I love the sound rice burners make when ya run over them"

4. Eric78K5

Eric78K5 1/2 ton status

Wheels,
    There was a post about this not too long ago. I saw the picture in FOUR WHEELER. I like what I saw, except for what I didn't read. Nowhere in any article or press-photo's has anyone said it was going to be a 4x4. If they build it, I may buy one even if it's not a 4x4, cause I think it would be different from everything else out there.

Eric78K5
    K5-Because Size Matters!

5. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

This is the . . . 4th post about this lol, do a search maybe you'll find them [​IMG]

- SlyDog [​IMG]

6. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Yeah, I posted about it a while back. You couldn't give me one. All concept car have huge hp numbers too

Murphy's Laws on Life :
    "It is a mistake to allow any mechanical object to realize you are in a hurry."

7. AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER Better to be lucky than good. Premium Member

I already own an IFS truck, and I am planning on converting it to a solid axle eventually when the money is there. So I probably wouldn't buy one unless I could afford to swap a solid axle in there right away (so probably not), but I do like the looks of it, not to mention it shows that GM may be paying some attention to the truck/"SUV" owners who actually use the 4lo/4hi lever/buttons.

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, 4L60, 3" Flowmaster, K&N, 2.5" Rancho, 285/75R16 on 16x8 Baja's[​IMG]