Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

new chevy seats in 79 k-5?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Cornfield creations, Jan 21, 2006.

1. Cornfield creations

Cornfield creations 1/2 ton status

I am about tired of my factory buckets in my k-5, I have had the driver seat reupholstered about 3 times and the passenger once, and they need it again, sick of it. Also I am tired of the absolute no support. After driving a lot I develop back aches and pains.

So this leads me to an idea. Has anyone took power bucket seats out of a newer chevy silverado with success? I have a saddle brown interior and I was hoping if I could find a totalled out truck with the brown leather (which probably woulnd't match anyways) and put them in the blazer. They have those seat belts in the seats and I don't care much for and would retain the original seat belts.

Any thoughts on this? Just wondering if this would be a good route(possibly the cheapest for power comfortable seats).

I hear mastercraft makes good seats, and are very expensive, but this is my DD and I don't want racing seats, just something with better support.

2. ZooMad75

ZooMad75 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

silverado seats fit without much effort. you jest need to make some brackets out of flat stock to bolt the seat tracks to so you can bolt it to the existing holes in the floor. I put 02 Silverado seats in mine, I don't have great pics of my brackets. I just used some 1/4" thick 2" wide flatstock.

I first laid out the brackets on the floor and then fit them to the Silverado tracks. In this case you can't take the silverado tracks off and expect to bolt them to the stock K5 tracks. Part of this is due to the integral seat belt. Mostly its just a very different design. However, the silverado seats/tracks sit at the right hieght.

3. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

check the 73-91 forum. 2Dogs has a couple interior posts goin. He used 03 Silverado seats I believe. Looks sharp.

4. jwglover

jwglover Registered Member

easier yet !! I put some out of a 97 Chysler mini van, I used the complete seat with pedistal from the caravan, drilled 3 holes in the floor( you can use one off the factory holes ) . the seat are very comfortable, with arm rest and seat belt, and the K-5 seat belt goes right into the Chrysler seat belt on the seat.If you have tan, Chrysler Town and Country has some nice tan leather seats that would be killer seats in there ( more money for the leather and power !)

5. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member