Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

new CK5 round Built not Bought sticker on a magnet! (updated w/pic)

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by txbartman, Jul 25, 2001.

1. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

Hey everybody! Just the other day I got in my new round <a target="_blank" href=http://www.coloradok5.com/logofender.jpg>CK5 Built Not Bought</a> sticker. I thought it looked good on Steve's truck, but I have this thing about putting stickers directly on the paint. I am planning on having a paint job soon and don't want to deal with stickers. I could always put it on the window, but I already have my CK5 window stickers there. So, I decided to mount it anywhere, anytime, without damaging the paint!

How did I do it you ask? I went to good ole Walmart and bought 2 5x7 sheets of adhesive magnet (from the crafts section). I stuck my sticker on these two pieces joined right in the middle of the sticker (since it is bigger than 7" round). Then I trimmed the excess magnet and viola, a round CK5 magnet! I have it mounted on my driver quarter panel right now in front of the wheel well (above the parking light).

Cehck out the My 85 Jimmy<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by tx85gmcguy on 07/26/01 07:18 AM.</FONT></P>

2. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Re: new CK5 round Built not Bought sticker on a magnet!

Hmm, I might have to make a few of these for sale. [​IMG]

Steve

Bandwidth FREE ZONE

Mall-Running poseur 4x4 with curb-feelers

3. Mreetz

Mreetz 1/2 ton status

Hey, put something between the magnet and your paint job too!! Like shelf paper, (sticky side to the magnet....)

1984 K-5
    4" lift
    35x12.5 MTs
    buildin a 400 for it, any info greatly appreciated

4. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I did the same thing. The only problem I see is that it will probably get caught on the brush. And you will never see it again. But I did it also.............Dan

If it ain't broke.......Don't fix it....

5. FWP

FWP CRS

It's funny you mention that, Me and AZBlazer saw a bronco with the same kind of magnet sticker last weekend. We looked at each other and said that would be a good idea for the CK5 stickers- CK5: the psychic hotline[​IMG][​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://fwp4x4.rockcrawler.com>fwp4x4.rockcrawler.com</a>

6. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

Here is a pic of my new <a target="_blank" href=http://tx85gmcguy.alloffroad.com/CK5Magnet.html>CK5 Round Magnet</a>. I have run it at highway speeds for quite a bit now and have not had it move or slide or peel at all. If I hit some tough brush, it may come off. But I would rather pick it back up and put it back on than have it scratch up a permanently mounted sticker!

Brian
    Click to see <a target="_blank" href=http://tx85gmcguy.alloffroad.com> My 85 Jimmy </a>

7. Alex

Alex Registered Member

tx85gmcguy, I noticed your polished wheels. Are they stock and did you get them polished? I have the same but can't seem to get a shine out of them.
    Alex

8. kumma

kumma 1/2 ton status

Just one note on your magnet idea. Don't leave it in one place for very long you will be suprised how quickly rust will form underneath magnets on automobiles.

Craig

"Why is there a <font color=red>watermelon</font color=red> here?"

9. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

They are Centerline Hellcats. I bought them used on this site. They were cloudy when I got them. Just spent this weekend polishing them. I got some metal polish from Walmart that is good on chrome, aluminum, damn near anything. I even used it to get teh shine back on the "chrome" panel on the tailgate! Hasn't looked that good since, well, ever!

Here's a link to the polished results:
    My 85 Jimmy